WFP Driver Jobs 2023 – Zambia NGO Jobs. WFP Zambia looking for “Driver“. Applicants with a degree in Secondary School Education may apply on or before 2nd March 2023.
The World Food Programme is the food-assistance branch of the United Nations. It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, the largest one focused on hunger and food security, and the largest provider of school meals. Founded in 1961, it is headquartered in Rome and has offices in 80 countries.
WFP Driver Jobs 2023
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on 23rd Feb 2023 for qualified Zambians to fill in the vacant post of Driver to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|World Food Programme (WFP)
|Total Vacant Post
|Secondary School Education
|Minimum Two years
|2nd March 2023
WFP Job Vacancy 2023
- Provide transportation of authorized personnel including translation of basic conversations from/to the local language, and/or delivery of various items/commodities following authorized routing and UN safety and security rules and regulations to ensure safe and efficient services.
- Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport or other entry points and provide basic assistance with visa and customs formalities to facilitate smooth and safe entry and arrival to the authorised destinations.
- Responsible for accurate maintenance of the vehicle log books, and daily reporting to the supervisor on mechanical status, to ensure efficient vehicle use and fuel consumption supporting accurate accounting and cost-efficiency.
- Responsible that the assigned vehicle is kept clean and in a good condition including all equipment, the maintenance is done on time, vehicle is fully equipped with required travel authorisations and supplies, and any mechanical issues are reported to the supervisor to ensure safe and efficient services.
- Follow established rules and regulations for field deliveries and/or in cases of an accident, and report immediately to the supervisor on any apparent problems, to seek for instructions and facilitate informative decisions on the way forward.
- Outside driving duties, perform basic office related tasks such as filing, photocopying and maintaining stores when required including delivery/collection of various items, mailing service and payment of office telephone and other bills to ensure administrative support to clients.
Position in Organization:
- Driver Roster
- Requisition ID: 492469
- Posted: 21/02/2023
- Short Term-SC WFP – Africa,
- Southern – Zambia – ZAM
- Deadline: 2nd March 2023
Qualification & Experience:
- Completion of secondary school education. Formal drivers training with a valid driver’s license/certification to operate assigned vehicle following local rules and regulations.
- Two or more years of work experience as a Driver, preferably in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a demonstrated safe driving record. Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles, including vans, trucks and other kinds of motorised vehicles. Experience in defensive driving is desirable.
How to Apply WFP Driver Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 2nd March 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Click to View
|Zambia NGO Forum Jobs 2023
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy