UNOPS Associate Surveyor Jobs 2022 – Zimbabwe NGO Jobs. UNOPS Zimbabwe looking for “Associate Surveyor“. Applicants with a degree in Completion of Secondary education may apply on or before February 01, 2022.
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is an operational arm of the United Nations, dedicated to implementing projects for the United Nations System, international financial institutions, governments and other partners around the world. The organization’s global headquarters is located on the UN City campus in Copenhagen, Denmark.
UNOPS Associate Surveyor Jobs 2022
The UNOPS has published a job vacancy announcement on January 17, 2022 for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of Associate Surveyor to be based in Chimanimani, Zimbabwe.
|Recruiter||United Nations Office for Project Services|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Completion of Secondary education|
|Experience Required||Minimum Seven years|
|Application Deadline||February 01, 2022|
UNOPS Job Vacancy 2022
Under direct supervision and overall guidance of the Lead Engineer and Infrastructure Manager, the Associate Surveyor is required to perform the following specific duties and responsibilities ensuring their effectiveness, transparency and integrity:
- Conducting preliminary surveys for selected project sites as per project plan; this includes visual survey, photos, map checking and site visits.
- Conducting topographic survey for road, bridge and structures and preparing the topographic survey plan for design purposes.
- Conducting structure assessment surveys and preparing the required structure reports.
- Planning and conducting an engineering survey for the selected road, structures and civil works, including topographic survey and recording all site details.
- Support the Lead Engineer in checking the layout of the structures, e.g. centreline, culverts, bridges, etc.
- Formulate topographic survey for project sites using TOTAL STATION, Geodetic GPS Stations equipment, and monitoring related aspects during and after construction.
- Prepare survey data and survey reports to commence road or structure design.
- Perform setting out works or check contractors’ setting out works at the request of Lead Engineer or as directed.
- With the assistance from the site engineer, conducting the pre- and post-construction survey and ensuring the construction/design is in accordance with the BoQ and project specifications.
- Check and verify ongoing projects quantity calculations at site.
- Responsible for ensuring surveying equipment is in good working order.
- Travel to project sites and supervise contractor survey teams and field work.
- Inspects and reports on Contractor’s works progress ensuring that the Contractor meets the high-quality standards expected by UNOPS.
Position in Organization:
- Job categories: Project Management
- Vacancy code: VA/2022/B5329/23208
- Department/office: AFR, KEMCO, Zimbabwe
- Duty station: Chimanimani, Zimbabwe
- Contract type: Local ICA Support
- Contract level: LICA-6
- Duration: Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
- Application period: 17-Jan-2022 to 01-Feb-2022
- Completion of Secondary education with 6 years of experience is required.
- Diploma in Surveying & Geomatics with at least 4 years of experience is an asset and may be accepted in lieu of respective years of experience.
- Degree in Surveying & Geomatics, Land Survey, Survey or equivalent is a distinct advantage and may be accepted in lieu of respective years of experience.
- At least six (6) years of relevant working experience in roads and bridges construction projects is required.
- Experience working on construction sites in remote rural areas is desirable.
- At least one year experience supervising construction activities is required.
- Experience using Total Station including recording of data and preparation of survey reports is an added advantage.
- Good team player and positive attitude is desired.
- Fluency in written and oral English language is required.
How to Apply UNOPS Associate Surveyor Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=23208#4
The Closing Date: February 01, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Zimbabwe NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|