FAO Administrative Assistant Jobs 2023 – Zimbabwe NGO Jobs.
FAO Zimbabwe looking for “Administrative Assistant”.
Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before June 15, 2023.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security. Its Latin motto, fiat panis, translates to “let there be bread”. It was founded in October 1945.
FAO Administrative Assistant Jobs 2023
The FAO has published a job vacancy announcement on June 02, 2023 for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of Administrative Assistant to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
|Recruiter||Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Three years|
|Application Deadline||June 15, 2023|
FAO Job Vacancy 2023
Tasks and responsibilities
- Retrieves, enters, selects and analyses data from a wide variety of sources, including FAO’s corporate system and data bases; verifies accuracy of data documents and make necessary calculations.
- Assembles and reviews supporting documentation for processing Non-Staff Human Resource (NSHR), Travel or Financial actions in FAO’s corporate systems, while ensuring compliance with FAO’s rules and regulations.
- Maintains imprest accounts; reconciles expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data; assist in the preparation of recurring and special reports by preparing and editing data in appropriate format as requested; monitors project, programme and general office accounts.
- Maintains detailed records of budget estimates, obligations and available balances; record receipts and disbursements (ledgers, cash books, vouchers, etc.); makes disbursements from petty cash fund and balance accounts.
- Prepares routine correspondence of administrative nature; drafts correspondence to verify data, answer queries, and obtain additional information on transactions and financial matters, as required.
- Maintains local inventory records with responsibility for proper recording of assets, their maintenance and safeguard.
- Maintains a filing system of administrative and financial documents.
- Maintains liaison with local banks and financial institutions to keep up-to-date with financial and regulatory information (exchange and interest rates, procedures and rules, maintenance of bank accounts, etc.).
- Supports the administration of personnel and equipment as well as protocol-related issues.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Position in Organization:
- Job Posting: 01/Jun/2023
- Closure Date: 16/Jun/2023, 3:29:00 AM
- Organizational Unit: FRZIM
- Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
- Type of Requisition: PSA (Personal Services Agreement)
- Grade Level: N/A
- Primary Location: Zimbabwe-Harare
- Duration: 6 months renewable
- Post Number: N/A
- Secondary school education. A University degree in Administration, Finance, Procurement, Human Resource Management or related field will be an added advantage
- Three (3) years of experience in administrative and office support work
- Working knowledge (Level C) of English
- National of Zimbabwe or a legal resident in the country
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment.
- Ability to use accounting software and other information systems and databases to insert data, make enquiries, retrieve/define ad hoc reports and analyses and edit results in appropriate format
- Good knowledge of the communication and documentation standards.
- Good knowledge of corporate computerized financial/travel/human resources systems and administrative procedures and policies.
- Good knowledge of the organizational structure.
How to Apply FAO Administrative Assistant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link https://jobs.fao.org/careersection/fao_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=2301583
The Closing Date: June 15, 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Zimbabwe NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|