FAO Digital Agriculture Specialist Jobs 2023 – Zimbabwe NGO Jobs. FAO Zimbabwe looking for “Digital Agriculture Specialist“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before January 06, 2023.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security. Its Latin motto, fiat panis, translates to “let there be bread”. It was founded in October 1945.
FAO Digital Agriculture Specialist Jobs 2023
The FAO has published a job vacancy announcement on Dec. 23, 2022 for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of Digital Agriculture Specialist to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
|Recruiter||Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)|
|Position||Digital Agriculture Specialist|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Ten years|
|Application Deadline||January 06, 2023|
FAO Job Vacancy 2023
Tasks and responsibilities
The specialist will support the implementation of the project: Technical support towards the launch of the Digital Villages Initiative in (DVI) Zimbabwe (TCP/ZIM/3901/C1). Specifically, s/he will carry out the DVI scoping assessment.
Digital Agriculture Specialist (Scoping assessment study) will perform the following tasks:
- Analyze and present the agriculture and rural development landscape and priorities for the country.
- Analyze and present the digital agriculture landscape, and enabling environment, including linkages with the national Agritech strategy.
- Analyze the national experience and case studies in relation to the deployment of rural digitalization initiatives that will inform the deployment of the DVI.
- Support the selection and characterize village/(s) that will be involved in the initiative (in a phased approached); this will involve the assessment of last mile connectivity conditions, identification of local agro-economic conditions, the local demand and options in terms of digital agriculture and rural services, the local digital ecosystem, partnership opportunities.
Position in Organization:
- Job Posting: 22/Dec/2022
- Closure Date: 06/Jan/2023, 4:29:00 AM
- Organizational Unit: FRZIM
- Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
- Type of Requisition: PSA (Personal Services Agreement)
- Grade Level: N/A
- Primary Location: Zimbabwe-Harare
- Duration: 40 days between Jan to July 2023, on when actually employed basis
- Post Number: N/A
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- A master’s degree or equivalent
- -in agriculture or related field (with proven expertise and work experience on digital agriculture activities) or
- -in communication, information sciences or in IT field with good expertise in the use of digital tools for socio-economic development and a very good understanding of agricultural development
- Ten (10) years of work experience
- Working knowledge (level C) of English
- National of Zimbabwe or a holder of a valid work permit of Zimbabwe.
Technical/ Functional Skills
- Proven experience working with international organisations on the assignment’s themes
- Expertise in financial/economic/rural development investment projects will be an asset
- Awareness of gender aspects and the changing role of women and youth in ensuring food security and using digital tools; In-depth knowledge of existing and emerging digital technologies, standards and services
- Demonstrated capacity to write technical reports in English. Excellent communication skills
How to Apply FAO Digital Agriculture Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.fao.org/careersection/fao_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=2203436
The Closing Date: January 06, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Zimbabwe NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|