FAO Food Security and Agricultural Livelihoods Assessment Specialist Jobs 2021 – Zimbabwe NGO Jobs. FAO Zimbabwe looking for “Food Security and Agricultural Livelihoods Assessment Specialist“. Applicants with a degree in Advanced university degree may apply on or before December 15, 2021.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security. Its Latin motto, fiat panis, translates to “let there be bread”. It was founded in October 1945.
FAO Food Security and Agricultural Livelihoods Assessment Specialist Jobs 2021
The FAO has published a job vacancy announcement on November 11, 2021 for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of Food Security and Agricultural Livelihoods Assessment Specialist to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
|Recruiter||Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations|
|Position||Food Security and Agricultural Livelihoods Assessment Specialist|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Advanced university degree|
|Experience Required||Minimum Five years|
|Application Deadline||December 15, 2021|
FAO Job Vacancy 2021
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Regularly liaise with the country management team and the regional assessment advisors on the progress of the monitoring exercise and the alignment with strategic, technical and operational requirements
- Coordinate with national stakeholders (government, UN Agencies, NGOs, food security cluster) involved in food security and livelihoods assessments or surveillance, and promote multi-actors initiatives
- Contribute to advising and strengthening the capacity of the Ministry of Agriculture and local surveillance systems
- Monitor the publication of studies and data produced by other stakeholders in the country
- Collect baseline and secondary data to enable comparisons and triangulation. Secondary data can refer to food prices monitoring, agricultural inputs prices monitoring, international trade figures, food security outcomes, containment measures, social protection measures, remote-sensing-based seasonal monitoring etc.
- Define survey objectives and areas of interest based on information gaps and programmatic needs
- Assist in the choice of data collection modalities (Computer-Assisted Telephone Interviews, web surveys, or face-to-face) and interfaces (international service provider, local partner, in-house call centre etc.)
- Search for existing sampling frames and consolidate lists of respondents with phone numbers
- Assist in the adaptation of generic questionnaires to context-specific circumstances and objectives
- Contribute to the programming of tools (take the lead in case of Kobo / ODK interface)
- Develop training materials and participate to enumerator training sessions
- Communicate with relevant authorities on the implementation of the surveys
- Conduct additional semi-structured interviews with key informants in order to dig for specific issues, as needed
- Contribute to the analysis and interpretation of collected data
- Discuss and validate the results with the global assessment team, regional offices and hubs, GIEWS and any other relevant FAO units
- Help draft and review monitoring reports and visual products (e.g. dashboards), using standard templates
- Communicate assessment findings and reports to other actors, through Food Security Clusters for instance
- Contribute to COVID-19 response and programme design as requested
- Participate to IPC or Harmonized Framework analyses
- Contribute to forward-planning and scenario building exercises, as requested
- Coordinate the realization of the assessment outputs of the TCP-Emergency projects
- Contribute to FAO corporate learning processes and documentation about COVID-19 assessments
- Support data collection and needs assessment activities for other major crises or disasters occurring in supported countries
Position in Organization:
- Job Posting: 30/Nov/2021
- Closure Date: 15/Dec/2021, 4:29:00 AM
- Organizational Unit: FRZIM
- Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
- Type of Requisition: PSA (Personal Services Agreement)
- Grade Level: N/A
- Primary Location: Zimbabwe-Harare
- Duration: 11 months
- Post Number: N/A
- Advanced university degree in Agriculture, Agriculture Economics, Statistics or related filed.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a technically similar area
- Working knowledge of English (Level C)
- Nationality of Zimbabwe or resident in the country with a regular work permit.
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work
- Extent and relevance of experience in livelihood monitoring survey design
- Extent and relevance of experience in statistical applications (e.g. Kobo)
- Familiarity with Zimbabwean agriculture livelihoods
How to Apply FAO Food Security and Agricultural Livelihoods Assessment Specialist Jobs 2021
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.fao.org/careersection/fao_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=2103175
The Closing Date: December 15, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Zimbabwe NGO Forum Jobs 2021|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|