ILO Programme Assistant Jobs 2023 – Zimbabwe NGO Jobs.
ILO Zimbabwe looking for “Programme Assistant”.
Applicants with a degree in Bachelor’s degree may apply on or before June 12, 2023.
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is a United Nations agency whose mandate is to advance social and economic justice through setting international labour standards. Founded in October 1919 under the League of Nations, it is the first and oldest specialised agency of the UN. The ILO has 187 member states: 186 out of 193 UN member states plus the Cook Islands. It is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with around 40 field offices around the world, and employs some 2,700 staff from over 150 nations, of whom 900 work in technical cooperation programmes and projects.
ILO Programme Assistant Jobs 2023
The ILO has published a job vacancy announcement on May 23, 2023 for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of Programme Assistant to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
|Recruiter||International Labour Organization (ILO)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Six years|
|Application Deadline||June 12, 2023|
ILO Job Vacancy 2023
Description of Duties
- Support technical programme implementation of activities under the programme in close collaboration with the Government of Zimbabwe, relevant ILO technical and administrative units and social partners, including drafting concept notes, terms of reference, and workshop reports.
- Review and analyze specific development plans and priorities for Zimbabwe along with socioeconomic data and other relevant technical information and use this data in support of effective project implementation aligned to the gemstone and jewellery supply chain through improved productivity, skills, market access and inclusion of local youth and women.
- Assist in primary and secondary research to identify sectors for project implementation and help identify and communicate with key stakeholders.
- Assist the NPC with populating annual work plans and prepare budget estimates and expenditure forecasts by analyzing and monitoring situation of resources, as compared to planned activities and making recommendations to the NPC.
- Provide input to and support the development of gender sensitive training methodologies, manuals and training guides for gemstone value chain enterprise development approach.
- Support the design and implementation of activities and interventions of the project based on previously developed work-plans and support the drafting of progress reports and other reports to the ILO and to the donor.
- Prepare briefs, periodical reports and impact assessment on status of project activities and assemble and edit data required for successful project implementation considering different approaches and alternative methods through learning from project implementation.
- Facilitate and participate in the organization of conferences, seminars, workshops, training sessions and meetings and undertake missions to project sites across Zimbabwe, individually or accompanying other ILO officials.
- Support incoming missions of ILO specialists, project experts and visiting officials and provide relevant information on project matters.
- Support in building partnerships with relevant government departments, UN Agencies, development partners and the private sector to promote youth and women employment creation.
Position in Organization:
- Grade: G6
- Vacancy no.: DC/HRE/2023/02
- Publication date: 22 May 2023
- Application deadline (midnight Harare): 12 June 2023
- Job ID: 10829
- Department: RO-Africa
- Organization Unit: CO-Harare
- Location: Harare
- Contract type: Fixed Term
- Contract duration: 12 months renewable
- Completion of Secondary School and or technical or university level course from a recognized school, commercial/TVET college, university or equivalent.
- Desirable: First level University degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in mining and minerals development, economics, business management, commerce/entrepreneurship, development, or any other related course will be advantageous
Minimum of six years of professional experience in project management:
- Working knowledge and experience in gemstones and jewellery manufacturing sector and excellent knowledge in enterprise and skills development.
- Designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, results reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
- Working knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g. qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Excellent knowledge of English and good knowledge of local working languages of the duty station.
- Good knowledge of programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation techniques and practices.
- Familiarity with impact assessment an advantage and with some of the substantive issues to be handled by the project, such as labour laws, international labour standards, social dialogue and employment promotion.
- Good knowledge and experience regarding gender mainstreaming; moderation, facilitation and training skills and demonstrated ability to liaise and negotiate with government and social partners.
- Ability to perform a variety of conceptual analyses required for the formulation, administration and evaluation of projects.
- Ability to work with word processing and spread sheet software, as well as computer software packages required for work; good record keeping and information processing skills.
- Team player with ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
- Time management and work organization skills.
- Ability to work with confidential material.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behavior and attitudes.
How to Apply ILO Programme Assistant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: June 12, 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Zimbabwe NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|
View More jobs
- IOM Project Development and Reporting Officer Jobs 2023
- SNV Market Development Fund (MDF) Finance advisor Jobs 2023
- FINCA Information Security and Business Continuity Officer Jobs 2023
- FINCA Senior Internal Controls Officer Jobs 2023
- IDRC Study Coordinator Jobs 2023
- ZOA International Project Officer Jobs 2023