ILO Programme Assistant Jobs 2022 – Zimbabwe NGO Jobs. ILO Zimbabwe looking for “Programme Assistant“. Applicants with a degree in Bachelor’s degree may apply on or before Sep. 20, 2022.
The World Food Programme (ILO) is United Nations frontline agency in the fight against hunger, ILO is continually responding to emergencies. We save lives by getting food to the hungry fast. But ILO also works to help prevent hunger in the future. We do this through programmes that use food as a means to build assets, spread knowledge and nurture stronger, more dynamic communities. This helps communities become more food secure. On average, ILO aims to bring food assistance to more than 80 million people in 80 countries.
ILO Programme Assistant Jobs 2022
The ILO has published a job vacancy announcement on Sep. 14, 2022 for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of Programme Assistant to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
|Recruiter||International Labour Organization (ILO)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Six years|
|Application Deadline||Sep. 20, 2022|
ILO Job Vacancy 2022
Description of Duties
- Support technical programme implementation of activities under the programmes in close collaboration with the Government of Zimbabwe, relevant ILO technical and administrative units and social partners, including drafting concept notes, terms of reference, and workshop reports.
- Support in building partnerships with relevant government departments, UN Agencies, development partners and the private sector to promote youth and women employment creation.
- Support the development of an effective M&E system focusing on development of programme/project work plans and ensuring that performance indicators have clearly defined baselines and targets; contributing to the development of routine, as well as ad hoc survey data collection tools; participating in programme-relevant operations research, as well as assessments; maintaining and updating databases and recording on programme activities for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
- Support to programme reporting and resource mobilization efforts focusing on provision of programme inputs, as contribution to compilation of progress reports and inputs for resource mobilization strategies, analyzing information on donors and contributing to production of programme/project profiles for presentation to donors.
- Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing focusing on training staff and partners on M&E-related issues and contribute to the identification, documentation and dissemination of best practices, lessons learned and human-interest stories, including through social media; and participate in M&E knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Provide other programming and administrative support to the SEDWAY/BG4YE Programmes and other related programmes and project activities, maintaining financial and administrative records for the project and monitoring financial and activity delivery in collaboration with Programme and Finance Units in CO-Harare.
- Draft correspondence on routine matters, including minutes/summary notes for meetings and communications to national stakeholders and partners to obtain information for programme implementation.
- Provide support for conferences, seminars, workshops, training sessions and meetings. Travel on mission if required to the project implementing sites
- Perform other duties, as assigned by the Supervisor and the ILO CO-Harare Director.
Position in Organization:
- Grade: G6
- Vacancy no.: DC/HRE/GS/2022/01
- Publication date: 13 September 2022
- Application deadline 20 September 2022, midnight local time : Harare, Zimbabwe
- Job ID: 9483
- Department: RO-Africa
- Organization Unit: CO-Harare
- Location: Harare
- Contract type: Fixed Term
- Contract duration: 1 YEAR
- Completion of secondary school education, supplemented by formal training in the related field. including training in programme, M&E and/or project administration.
- First level University degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in economics, business management, commerce/entrepreneurship, development, social work or any other related course will be advantageous
- At least six years of professional experience administrative and/or programme support activities including M&E. Knowledge in implementing M&E activities of international and /or national development projects. Experience in designing and implementing economic empowerment, skills and enterprise development for value chain development programmes for young women and men. Experience of working with an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, in particular programme modules.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.. Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g. qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Excellent knowledge of English and good working knowledge of a national language of the duty station.
- Good knowledge of programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation techniques and practices.
- Familiarity with impact assessment an advantage and with some of the substantive issues to be handled by the project, such as labour laws, international labour standards, social dialogue and employment promotion.
- Good knowledge and experience regarding gender mainstreaming; moderation, facilitation and training skills and demonstrated ability to liaise and negotiate with government and social partners.
- Ability to perform a variety of conceptual analyses required for the formulation, administration and evaluation of projects.
- Ability to work with word processing and spread sheet software, as well as computer software packages required for work; good record keeping and information processing skills.
- Team player with ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
- Time management and work organization skills.
- Ability to work with confidential material.
- Ability to respond to work related inquiries in an appropriate manner.
- Ability to obtain services from other work units inside or outside the office for completion of tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as a member of a team.
- Ability to deal with people with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behaviours and attitudes
- Assessed candidates who will be considered as appointable but not selected for this position can also be offered to be assigned on another temporary position at the same or at a lower grade provided that said candidates possesses the minimum qualifications for this position.
How to Apply ILO Programme Assistant Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: Sep. 20, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Zimbabwe NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|