UNESCO Strengthening Science – Technology and Innovation Systems Jobs 2022 – Zimbabwe NGO Jobs. UNESCO Zimbabwe looking for “Strengthening Science – Technology and Innovation Systems”. Applicants with a Master’s or PhD degree may apply on or before 12 July 2022.
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) is a specialised agency of the United Nations (UN) aimed at promoting world peace and security through international cooperation in education, the sciences, and culture. It has 193 member states and 11 associate members, as well as partners in the nongovernmental, intergovernmental, and private sector. Headquartered at the World Heritage Centre in Paris, France, UNESCO has 53 regional field offices and 199 national commissions that facilitate its global mandate.
UNESCO Strengthening Science – Technology and Innovation Systems Jobs 2022
The UNESCO has published a job vacancy announcement on 23 June 2022 for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of Strengthening Science – Technology and Innovation Systems to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
|Recruiter||United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)|
|Position||Strengthening Science – Technology and Innovation Systems|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Master’s or PhD degree|
|Experience Required||At least 10 years|
|Application Deadline||12 July 2022|
UNESCO Job Vacancy 2022
Job Purpose: The initiative benefits from lessons learned, established networks and results achieved in UNESCO’s portfolio of programmes that support STI systems in the natural, social and human sciences, as well as the technical approaches that they share. It benefits from initiatives such as the Global Observatory of STI Policy Instruments (GO-SPIN) in terms of its interactive online database; the STEM and Gender Advancement (SAGA) for inclusive and gender-equal STI systems; the UNESCO programme on the Management of Social Transformations (MOST); the UNESCO Bioethics and Ethics of Science Programme; and the coproduction of knowledge within national climate and biodiversity policies (Knowing our Changing Climate in Africa).
Scope of Assignment:
- Lead a series, at least 3, of multi-stakeholder capacity strengthening workshops to review national research and innovation policies. Each workshop will include a pre- and post-event participant survey to assess participant learning and commitment to follow-up.
- Develop a monitoring process and methodology tailored to the requirements of the RS|SR and taking full account of national circumstances, needs and priorities.
- Develop training material in the form of guidelines, blueprints or manuals, to support the implementation of the monitoring process and methodology.
- Lead a series, at least 3, of workshops in order to produce a national RS|SR monitoring report by effectively using the GO-SPIN platform, drawing on active multi-stakeholder participation
- Master’s or PhD degree in Policy Development and Management or Natural Sciences, or equivalent.
- At least 10 years relevant experience promoting Science, Technology and Innovation
- Experience in policy development, implementation at national, regional and global level.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNESCO Strengthening Science – Technology and Innovation Systems Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 12 July 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Zimbabwe NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|