UNICEF Emergency Specialist Jobs 2023 – Zimbabwe NGO Jobs. UNICEF Zimbabwe looking for “Emergency Specialist“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before April 11, 2023.
UNICEF is a Christian international relief and development agency working globally to end poverty and injuries and to restore hope in some of the world’s poorest communities. UNICEF have the vision to see 50 million people released from material and spiritual poverty through a worldwide network of 100,000 local churches. We operate in more than fifty countries around the world.
UNICEF Emergency Specialist Jobs 2023
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on March 28, 2023 for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of Emergency Specialist to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
|Recruiter||United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Five years|
|Application Deadline||April 11, 2023|
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2023
How can you make a difference?
- A challenging and exciting opportunity has arisen within UNICEF Zimbabwe’s Programmes section for a committed and highly experienced Emergency Specialist. The Emergency Specialist reports to the Deputy Representative (Level 5)- Programmes for guidance and general supervision. The Emergency Specialist establishes and implements country office emergency preparedness and response. Responsible for the development, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the emergency interventions to ensure the survival and well-being of children and mothers, and the affected communities in an emergency situation.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Emergency preparedness is effectively arranged together with the establishment of country contingency plans and early warning mechanisms.
- Emergency preparedness and response plans address gender issues that may be expected to intensify during emergencies.
- Emergency plans of action are developed, and compliance and coordination of all sectors with the plans are implemented.
- Technical advice on emergencies and programme management related to implementation of emergency preparedness measures are effectively provided.
- Emergency preparedness and response, and a consistent flow of information of the humanitarian situation are effectively coordinated within the office.
- Substantive improvements are made in the emergency preparedness and response capability of UNICEF staff and implementing partners through conduct of effective training activities.
- In the event of an emergency, UNICEF’s presence is promptly established and the initial emergency operational tasks are effectively executed, including provision of support for information communication technology, telecommunications facility and all staff security related assistance in the country office.
- Needs assessment is effectively conducted to determine priorities and an appropriate intervention by UNICEF based on the local emergency situation affecting children, their families and community.
- Timely delivery of assistance and supplies is provided, urgent staffing requirements are identified, and the appropriate use of UNICEF resources is monitored for effective project delivery.
- Emergency appeals and project proposals are prepared, and concerted efforts are put forward to mobilize donor response and recovery/rehabilitation-related funding.
- Longer-term requirements of the emergency operation/interventions are determined to build a regular operational and staffing structure
- Ensure the humanitarian development approach is embedded in humanitarian response, including the effective operationalisation of CO resilience strategy.
- Continuous, effective and strategic coordination, communication, consultation and liaison are maintained with Government, UN agencies, NGOs, donors and allies in support of the special needs of children and women affected by emergency situations within the framework of the cluster approach and based on the Core Commitment for Children.
- Management is kept informed of humanitarian developments in relevant policies, situation developments, potential threats and opportunities/issues in the country.
- Emergency preparedness and response strategies are mainstreamed in the country office’s workplans. Sectoral input is provided for all related documents for the office’s Emergency Preparedness and Response, as well as for the Situation Analysis and the Country Programme Document.
Position in Organization:
- Job no: 560578
- Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
- Duty Station: Harare
- Level: NO-3
- Location: Zimbabwe
- Categories: Programme Management
- Advanced University degree in one of the following fields: social sciences, public administration, international law, public health, nutrition, international relations, business administration, or other related disciplines. Preferably a combination of management, administration, and relevant technical fields
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible professional work experience at the national and international levels in programme/project development, planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and administration
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English; Fluency in another UN language an asset.
- Field work experience is required.
How to Apply UNICEF Emergency Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/job/560578
The Closing Date: April 11, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Zimbabwe NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|
View More Jobs
- WHO Coordinator (Strategic Health Policy & Planning) Jobs 2023
- UNDP Programme Analyst Jobs 2023
- UNDP Pharmacist Jobs 2023
- UNDP Driver Jobs 2023
- UNDP Administrative and Finance Officer Jobs 2023
- UNDP Laboratory Technician Jobs 2023
- UNDP Nurse Jobs 2023