WFP Consultant Agronomist Jobs 2021 – Zimbabwe NGO Jobs. WFP Zimbabwe looking for ” Consultant Agronomist“. Applicants with a degree in Master’s degree in Agronomy, Agriculture Economy, Agribusiness may apply on or before 20th June 2021.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is United Nations frontline agency in the fight against hunger, WFP is continually responding to emergencies. We save lives by getting food to the hungry fast. But WFP also works to help prevent hunger in the future. We do this through programmes that use food as a means to build assets, spread knowledge and nurture stronger, more dynamic communities. This helps communities become more food secure. On average, WFP aims to bring food assistance to more than 80 million people in 80 countries.
WFP Consultant Agronomist Jobs 2021
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on 10th June 2021 for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of Consultant Agronomist to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
|Recruiter||World Food Programme|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Master’s degree in Agronomy, Agriculture Economy, Agribusiness|
|Experience Required||Minimum One years|
|Application Deadline||20th June 2021|
WFP Job Vacancy 2021
Job Purpose: Within the resilience building component, a number of value chains and innovations are being implemented and considered, which include hydroponics, youth economic empowerment projects, small livestock production and other high-tech solutions ,and additionally, WFP Zimbabwe CO intends to implement hydroponic farming projects that aims to enhance access to climate smart agriculture infrastructure through the installation of hydroponic farming systems under the Urban Programme and for the refugees in Tongogara Refugee Camp. The Agronomist will work within the Programme Unit, and will report to the Urban Resilience Building Lead, to support the roll out of the resilience-building activities with a focus on development of urban and refugees agriculture, hydroponics, and agricultural value chains interventions.
Position in Organization:
- Requisition ID: 142627
- Location: Zimbabwe – Harare
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English language and in at least one local language.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Agronomy, Agriculture Economy, Agribusiness or similar.
- At least 1 year post graduate experience in hydroponics technology design and implementation.
- Sound understanding of the local agricultural context, smallholder farmers, and agricultural value chains.
- Experience in developing training material and conducting trainings on agricultural best practices for government stakeholders and communities.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills..
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Selection Process: Written test and Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WFP Consultant Agronomist Jobs 2021
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://career5.successfactors.eu/career?company=…….
The Closing Date: 20th June 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Zimbabwe NGO Forum Jobs 2021|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|