WHO Logistics Assistant Jobs 2021 – Zimbabwe NGO Jobs. WHO Zimbabwe looking for “Logistics Assistant”. Applicants with a degree in Secondary School Education may apply on or before 10th Dec 2021.
The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health. The WHO Constitution, which establishes the agency’s governing structure and principles, states its main objective as “the attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health”.
WHO Logistics Assistant Jobs 2021
The WHO has published a job vacancy announcement on 25th Nov 2021 for qualified Zimbabwens to fill in the vacant post of Logistics Assistant to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
|Recruiter||World Health Organization|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Secondary School Education|
|Experience Required||Minimum Five years|
|Application Deadline||10th Dec 2021|
WHO Job Vacancy 2021
Description Of Duties:
The Logistics Assistant reports to the Procurement Officer and Operations Officer and provides support to both managers and staff members in performing GSM transactions in the following areas:
- Assists international staff with importations, purchasing and registration of their payment and inventory requirements.
- Coordinates and monitors office space requirements in liaison with relevant units as required.
- Coordinates and provides sound transport management service in WHO country office.
- Assesses the transport need and develops transport plan to ensure availability of transport for the planned activities of WHO country office
- Monitors the movement of WHO vehicles in accordance with the rules and the regulation of WHO
- Manages the inventory of WHO vehicles and ensures that the vehicles are road worthy
- Acts as focal point with external contractors for vehicle maintenance; evaluates the quality of maintenance conducted on WHO vehicles and provides technical advice when required
- Ensures proper management of radio HF and VHF communication network
- Follows up the process of annual inspection and insurance policy for all WCO vehicles
- Manages allocation of office space and equipment to staff members in collaboration with the administrative services team
- The incumbent will serve as back up to the team member’s in similar or different positions within the WCO.
- Assists in the production of reports, statistics, and/or information material when required;
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor
Position in Organization:
- Grade: G5
- Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
- Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 2 years
- Job Posting: Nov 25, 2021, 3:57:40 PM
- Closing Date: Dec 10, 2021, 4:29:00 AM
- Primary Location: Zimbabwe-Harare
- Organization: AF_ZWE Zimbabwe
- Schedule: Full-time
- Work requires completion of secondary school education with training of general administrative practices with focus on Logistics, Procurement and Travel practices, theories and procedures.
- At least five (5) years of experience in administrative positions preferably with several years’ experience in the UN and have a sound knowledge of its rules, regulation, procedures and practices as related to the work.
How to Apply WHO Logistics Assistant Jobs 2021
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.who.int/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=2106270
The Closing Date: 10th Dec 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Zimbabwe NGO Forum Jobs 2021|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|