IDEA Communications Officer Jobs 2022 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. IDEA Ethiopia looking for “Communications Officer”. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before 7th Aug 2022.
The organization is governed by its Statutes, the latest of which entered into force November 2008. Membership in International IDEA is open to governments which demonstrate, by example in their own state, their commitment to the rule of law, human rights, the basic principles of democratic pluralism and strengthening democracy.
IDEA Communications Officer Jobs 2022
The IDEA has published a job vacancy announcement on 28th July 2022 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Communications Officer to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance|
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Five years|
|Application Deadline||7th Aug 2022|
IDEA Job Vacancy 2022
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the development and implementation of the communication strategy in the AWA Region in line with International IDEA’s global communication strategy.
- Assesses communication needs in the region and provides communications and visibility support to the regional office, country and sub-regional programmes.
- Leads bi-monthly content and communications strategy planning meetings including editorial meetings and workshops, and identifies opportunities to leverage multi-media, video, and online content.
- Writes and disseminates news briefs, and reports on impact and analytics on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Develops and uses key performance indicators to monitor the implementation of the communication activities across the AWA region.
- Builds a database of local and international media and identifies opportunities for media coverage;
- Prepares press releases, editorials and pitches stories to journalists and responds to requests for media outputs.
- Acts as a media spokesperson to identify and support regional teams and programme colleagues in providing interviews to approved journalists, and other media activities;
- Prepares graphics, infographics and other content for improved presentations.
- Supports the preparation of internal weekly news briefs in the region and shares the same with the Regional teams.
- Uses social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook etc. to create content, maintain the Africa and West Asia brand, and interact with target groups and stakeholders
- Keeps up to date with social media trends and proposes changes to promotional activities.
- Sets key performance indicators (KPIs) for social media campaigns and measures a campaign’s performance against those KPIs
- Works with marketing professionals to develop social media marketing campaigns.
Position in Organization:
- Communications Officer
- Department: Communications and Publications
- Role: Communications
- Locations: Addis Ababa
- University degree in communications, journalism, international relations, public relations or other related subjects;
- A minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in a similar role, or as a journalist or writer in communications for development, with a focus on social media;
- Experience in developing communication strategies;
- Experience engaging with the media, including identifying opportunities for media coverage; and preparing press releases;
How to Apply IDEA Communications Officer Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.idea.int/jobs/1940897-communications-officer-ethiopia
The Closing Date: 7th Aug 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Job Advertisement||Click To View|
|Related Jobs||Ethiopia NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|