WFP Medical Laboratory Technologist Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. WFP Ethiopia looking for “Medical Laboratory Technologist“. Applicants with a degree in Secondary Education may apply on or before 11th April 2023.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is United Nations frontline agency in the fight against hunger, WFP is continually responding to emergencies. We save lives by getting food to the hungry fast. But WFP also works to help prevent hunger in the future. We do this through programmes that use food as a means to build assets, spread knowledge and nurture stronger, more dynamic communities. This helps communities become more food secure. On average, WFP aims to bring food assistance to more than 80 million people in 80 countries.
WFP Medical Laboratory Technologist Jobs 2023
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on 28th March 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Medical Laboratory Technologist to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||World Food Programme (WFP)|
|Position||Medical Laboratory Technologist|
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Six years|
|Application Deadline||11th April 2023|
WFP Job Vacancy 2023
Accountabilities: Reporting to the Coordinating Doctor in Addis Ababa for clinical and technical issues and Project Manager for admin issues, the Lab Technologists will undertake the following but not limited tasks:
- Receive lab request/prescriptions with details of all the tests requested from the treating physician and verify all details are accurate.
- Determine lab test which are available in EMAT clinic and which needs to be sent to external provider and explain the procedures to the patients.
- Explain the procedure to the patient to get consent and prepare to collect the sample, ensuring all samples are collected in the appropriate specimen containers and accurately labelled with patients’ details.
- Accurately and professionally collect the sample as per the standard guidelines observing dignity, privacy and confidentiality and infection prevention.
- Register the samples and the lab test done in EMAT clinic and in the external laboratories.
- Process result or follow up from the external labs and share with the doctors maintaining privacy and confidentiality.
- The lab tech guides the doctors and coordinate to determine which lab services are available where, the processing time and helps in following up for results
- Advice the doctors and project about available lab tests and other aspect in relation to lab services.
- Participate in campaigns and mass testing whenever needed
- Rotate/rove to all WFP sub offices to provide lab services as per the monthly plan and doctors prescription.
- Maintain strict confidentiality with regards to patient’s medical records, patient management and treatment.
- Consult with the Coordinating Doctor when presenting problem goes beyond scope of practice/experience
- Keep self-updated on the new trends in the field of clinical laboratory and share the information with other team members.
- The lab tech ensures the doctors and the nurses are well conversant with available rapid test to ensure accurate results, providing relevant training and updates on rapid tests for different diseases.
- Participate in campaigns and mass testing whenever needed, example during COVID19 pandemic, Hepatitis B screening and vaccination campaigns
- Collect and maintain accurate, precise medical record of patients’ test results supported by a regular backup
- Ensure that proper medical records are kept in a strictly confidential manner
- Prepare and send weekly reports of all tests and activities, campaign reports, visits to sub offices to the project manager and head Doctor.
Position in Organization:
- JOB TITLE: Medical Laboratory Technologist
- CONTRACT TYPE: Service Contract Level 6
- UNIT/DIVISION: Administration/EMAT
- DUTY STATION: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- DURATION: 12 months with a possibility of extension
- Deadline: 11th April 2023
Qualification & Experience:
- Secondary education or university degree in Clinical/medical laboratory from Health/medical College accredited/recognized institute.
- Minimum of 6 years relevant experience in clinical laboratory as a Lab Technologist.
How to Apply WFP Medical Laboratory Technologist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://career5.successfactors.eu//career?career_ns=job_listing&company=C0000168410P&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=en_GB&career_job_req_id=661573
The Closing Date: 11th April 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Job Advertisement||Click To View|
|Related Jobs||Ethiopia NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|
View More Jobs
- Plan International Community Mobilizer / Facilitator Jobs 2023
- Plan International CPiE Manager Jobs 2023
- IRC CWI Mental Health Psychosocial Support Officer Jobs 2023
- IRC Compliance Officer Jobs 2023