WFP Programme Policy Officer Jobs 2024 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
WFP Ethiopia looking for “Programme Policy Officer”.
Applicants with an Advanced University Degree may apply on or before 06th March, 2024.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is United Nations frontline agency in the fight against hunger, WFP is continually responding to emergencies. We save lives by getting food to the hungry fast. But WFP also works to help prevent hunger in the future. We do this through programmes that use food as a means to build assets, spread knowledge and nurture stronger, more dynamic communities.
WFP Programme Policy Officer Jobs 2024
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on 21st February, 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Programme Policy Officer to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|World Food Programme (WFP)
|Programme Policy Officer (Stunting Reduction)
|Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
|Total Vacant Post
|Advanced University Degree
|Minimum One (01) year
|06th March, 2024
WFP Job Vacancy 2024
Under the supervision of the Stunting Prevention Officer, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Capacity build staff and partners to strengthen Social Behaviour Change (SBC) skills, competencies, and abilities of the team, in order to deliver the required results.
- Provide technical assistance to WFP, Government and NGO partners on Nutrition sensitive programming and Multisectoral Coordination.
- Take responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives in all areas of work, to ensure equal participation of women and men.
- Provide technical advice on stunting reduction and coordinate the SBC activity design, programming and implementation at Country Office and sub office level.
- Provide project management support to nutrition specific and sensitive projects and activities ensuring a coordinated approach with wider programmes/projects that they comply with WFP standards and procedures.
- Provide technical support and coordinate the formative research, SBC strategy development and implementation.
- Provide technical assistance on the SBC activities implementation at WFP sub offices level and integration of SBCC into nutrition sensitive programs MOUs and project proposals.
- Conduct mentoring and coaching on SBC implementation, supportive supervision and review meetings.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners and national government on SBC and nutrition sensitive programming to prepare for and respond to nutrition needs at different level.
- Contribute to the development of nutrition concept notes, project proposals and activities, plans and processes ensuring alignment with wider nutrition policies and guidance.
- Provide guidance to support staff, acting as a point of referral and assisting them with analysis and queries.
- Liaise with internal counterparts to ensure effective collaboration, monitor ongoing nutrition specific and sensitive programming.
- Follow data gathering and monitoring/assessment systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.
- Research and analyse data to provide input into reporting activities and contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on nutrition activities that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Support the identification, development and management of potential partnerships to collaborative working to meeting nutrition needs.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners and national government to prepare for and respond to nutrition needs for example through project management support of learning initiatives.
- Revise and operationalize a Social Behaviour Change package for stunting reduction utilizing multisectoral programming and systems theory approach (food, health, social protection, education systems)
- Other as required.
Position in Organization:
- JOB TITLE: Programme Policy Officer (Stunting Reduction)
- CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed Term NOA
- UNIT/DIVISION: Programme – Nutrition Unit
- DUTY STATION: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- DURATION: 1 year with possible extension
Standard Minimum Qualification:
- Advanced University degree in in Sociology, Social Development, Development Economics or Performance Management or other relevant field or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience.
- At least One year of responsible post-graduate professional experience working in integrated and multi-sectoral programming involving multi-stakeholders especially in SBC programming in health and nutrition projects.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English. Knowledge of the local language is added advantage.
How to Apply WFP Programme Policy Officer Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 06th March, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Click To View
|Ethiopia NGO Forum Jobs 2024
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy