WHO Supply Chain Officer Jobs 2024 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
WHO Ethiopia looking for “Supply Chain Officer”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before 22nd February, 2024.
The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health. The WHO Constitution, which establishes the agency’s governing structure and principles, states its main objective as “the attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health”.
WHO Supply Chain Officer Jobs 2024
The WHO has published a job vacancy announcement on 01st February, 2024 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Supply Chain Officer to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|World Health Organization (WHO)
|Supply Chain Officer
|Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
|Total Vacant Post
|Minimum Five (05) years
|22nd February, 2024
WHO Job Vacancy 2024
Purpose Of The Position:
Reporting to the Operations Support and Logistics Team Lead with overall guidance of the EP&R team lead, the incumbent shall perform the following functions:
- Defining, coordinating, monitoring and implementing all Warehouse and Stock Management activities in the Country Office and Regional WCO Hubs according to WHO protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure an optimal running of the same.
- In collaboration with the Cluster leads define the Warehouse Stock levels and implement monitoring mechanism of the annual needs in order to identify and optimize the response to the needs of WHO objectives for the people of Ethiopia.
- Support end-to-end follow-up of the requisitions placed for emergency response; develop and maintain an efficient and reliable tracking system.
- Review in conjunction with the Health Operations & Technical Expertise Team all requests for emergency kits from the Health Cluster partners and Regional Health Bureaus.
- Provide advice to the partners in regard to the standard WHO kits and their use. Provide appropriate training when possible.
- Issue supplies to partners / RHB’s in coordination with the Health cluster and Cluster leads.
- In coordination with the procurement unit, define transport needs and options considering the Last Mile distribution.
- Managing and Supervision of the warehouse staff under his/her responsibility, including the monitoring of the daily hire needs.
- Ensuring technical support for his/her area of activity and providing coaching to staff under his/her responsibility.
- Provide support to the Resource Mobilization / HOTE team in terms of data for report writing as requested.
- Provide detailed and timely reports as requested, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly reports (Temperature monitoring,
- GIMS stock levels, other non Medical Stock reports)
- Ensure all Medical kits, equipment and premises are well maintained in compliance with the WHO requirements for Good storage and Distribution Practices.
- Provide an overview of possible warehousing locations/options and improvements in conjunction with the other agencies to avoid duplication of resources. With field visits to support this.
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
Position in Organization:
- Supply Chain Officer
- Grade: NO-C
- Contractual Arrangement: Temporary appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
- Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): One Year
- Job Posting: Jan 31, 2024, 2:11:13 PM
- Closing Date: Feb 22, 2024, 4:29:00 AM
- Primary Location: Ethiopia-Addis Ababa
- Organization: AF_ETH Ethiopia
- Schedule: Full-time
- First University Degree in Pharmacy, Logistics procurement, Logistics or a field related to medical warehousing, from a recognized university.
- Master’s Degree in Pharmacy or Logistics from an accredited/ recognized institute.
- At least five (5) years of experience in Medical warehousing and distribution operations. Experience in emergency response during humanitarian / crisis interventions.
- Prior humanitarian working experience at field level, with WHO, other UN agency, health cluster partners, recognized humanitarian organizations or with an international nongovernmental organization.
- Excellent knowledge of English and the local language.
How to Apply WHO Supply Chain Officer Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.who.int/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=2400830
The Closing Date: 22nd February, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Click To View
|Ethiopia NGO Forum Jobs 2024
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy
View More Jobs:
- IRC Child Protection Assistant Jobs 2024
- IRC Child Protection Officer Jobs 2024
- FHI 360 Health and Nutrition Officer Jobs 2024
- FHI 360 MEAL Coordinator Jobs 2024
- Save the Children Adolescent Nutrition Research Project Manager Jobs 2024
- Save the Children Driver Jobs 2024
- Save the Children Programme coordinator Jobs 2024