UNHCR Energy Officer Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNHCR Ethiopia looking for “Energy Officer“. Applicants with a degree in Undergraduate Degree may apply on or before 20th April 2023.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a UN agency mandated to aid and protect refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people, and to assist in their voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement to a third country. It is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with over 17,300 staff working in 135 countries.
UNHCR Energy Officer Jobs 2023
The UNHCR has published a job vacancy announcement on 1st April 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Energy Officer to be based in Melkadida, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Six years|
|Application Deadline||20th April 2023|
UNHCR Job Vacancy 2023
- Support implementation of the sustainable energy strategies in coordination with partners, government and private sector.
- Be a catalyst for all sustainable energy initiatives.
- Assess, identify and analyse cost effective and appropriate sources of alternative energy for cooking, lighting and electricity in collaboration with all actors, including private sector, development agencies and governmental institutions.
- Support with the design of specific projects and pilot energy for cooking, lighting and powering, including renewable energy, with a view towards enhancing self-reliance, education and protection.
- Work in close collaboration and emphasize the multi-sectoral links of Energy with Environment, Protection, Shelter and Settlement and Public Health and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene.
- Assist with the coordination with government, line ministries and NGO partners to implement a robust and appropriate renewable energy strategy and technologies that promote sustainable patterns of consumption and production, make efficient use of natural resources and ensure safety
- Support the monitoring and coordination of all sustainable energy activities.
- Provide support to identify, establish and maintain links with relevant organizations to ensure access to sustainable energy for both PoCs and the surrounding areas.
- Work in multi-functional team approach and work in close collaboration with Programme and other technical experts, to ensure energy based interventions are approached from a cross-sectoral perspective.
- Ensure that minimum best practices are met to assure health and safety standards across all sustainable energy and energy efficient technologies.
- Document each stage of project development including monitoring, testing, trouble shooting, lessons learned and solutions applied to assure institutional knowledge development.
- Contribute to development of effective communication channels between all key stakeholders and promote the sharing of information on energy related activities.
- Stay informed of all governmental/national electrical/renewable developments to assure legal and advantageous energy incentives are explored.
- Support the representation of UNHCR in relevant international meetings and technical fora.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Position in Organization:
- Energy Officer
- Melkadida, Ethiopia
- Time type: Full time
- Posted on: Posted 2 Days Ago
- job requisition id: JR2315723
- Deadline: 20th April 2023
Qualification & Experience:
- Undergraduate Degree.
- 6 years relevant experience.
How to Apply UNHCR Energy Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://unhcr.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/details/Energy-Officer_JR2315723
The Closing Date: 20th April 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Job Advertisement||Click To View|
|Related Jobs||Ethiopia NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|