IRC Child Protection Assistant Jobs 2022 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. IRC Ethiopia looking for “Child Protection Assistant”. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before 12th April 2022.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
IRC Child Protection Assistant Jobs 2022
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 2nd April 2022 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Child Protection Assistant to be based in Jijiga, Somali, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||International Rescue Committee|
|Position||Child Protection Assistant|
|Location||Jijiga, Somali, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Six years|
|Application Deadline||12th April 2022|
IRC Job Vacancy 2022
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the team in the assessment of the living conditions of children in the camp and participate in the development of an appropriate strategy in addressing their needs.
- Facilitate the involvement of children and the community (leaders and parents) in the child-friendly space and document the progress made.
- Support (the incentive workers) team leaders and social workers in the monitoring, verification, and documentation of cases of children.
- Follow-up the preparation and implementation of case action plan and home visit conducted by the social workers.
- Carry out data Entry into the Child Protection Information System (CP IMS) database.
- Support the child protection officer in facilitating and organizing appropriate care arrangement, and suitable alternative care system with close supervision and attention to the individual concerns of children.
- Through working with CP committees identify potential foster families for unaccompanied and separated children in collaboration with social workers and community leaders.
- Organize and facilitate positive parenting weekly sessions.(Family Makes the Difference!)
- Assist the child rights clubs to demonstrate to the community and the concerning bodies about protection concerns that children are facing and promote the participation of children in all matters affecting their lives.
- Organize and lead psychosocial support activities at (the Safe Healing and Learning Space (SHLS).
- Work closely with the CP Officer in the celebration of international events days and other awareness-raising sessions.
- Participate in UNHCR, other partners, and the team leaders in conducting the Best Interest Assessment to ensure the needs of children are addressed.
- Support the preparation of budget, work, and spending plans, and PR tracking to supervise the accurate utilization of the budget and timely implementation of activities.
- Adhere and fully abide by the child protection code of conduct.
- Shall take any additional responsibilities as requested by supervisors.
Position in Organization:
- Child protection Assistant
- Requisition ID: req25599
- Job Title: Child protection Assistant
- Sector: Child Protection
- Employment Category: Fixed Term
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Open to Expatriates: No
- Location: Jijiga, Ethiopia
- University Degree in Sociology or psychology preferred or any other social science fields.
- 6 years of working with children experience for diploma holders or 3 years with the first degree.
- 1 year of relevant working with children plus postgraduate degree.
- Experience in capacity building and mentoring.
How to Apply IRC Child Protection Assistant Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 12th April 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Ethiopia NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|