DRC WASH Assistant Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. DRC Kenya looking for “WASH Assistant”. Applicants with a Public health-related degree may apply on or before 17 March 2023.
Founded in 1956, the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is Denmark’s largest, and a leading international NGO – one of the few with a specific expertise in forced displacement. In 40 countries 9,000 employees protect, advocate and build sustainable futures for refugees and other displacement affected people and communities. DRC works during displacement at all stages: In the acute crisis, in exile, when settling and integrating in a new place, or upon return.
DRC WASH Assistant Jobs 2023
The DRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 09 March 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of WASH Assistant to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||Danish Refugee Council (DRC)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Public health-related degree|
|Experience Required||One year|
|Application Deadline||17 March 2023|
DRC Job Vacancy 2023
Overall purpose of the role: The hygiene promotion assistant will be a member of a team that engages with communities to discuss their needs and concerns for health and hygiene. As part of the WASH intervention to protect and enhance the public health of the impacted population, he or she will also help with program strategy, confirm data from multiple sources, and communicate the program implementation strategy to stakeholders.
- Promoting safe WASH practices, with a focus on hygiene practices in camps and host communities, including the proper use and upkeep of WASH facilities and services
- The hygiene promotion assistant will play a significant role in contingency and emergency response by ensuring appropriate community involvement in the design and delivery of crucial WASH services and facilities and by contributing to hygiene promotion sessions, awareness campaigns, and the distribution of hygiene aids and kits.
- Conducting FGDs for both men and women in the targeted area regarding hygiene activities dedication to specific tours and within the allotted hours.
- Sending weekly/Monthly updates on hygiene promotion sessions on a regular basis and corresponding with the line manager about the accomplishment of hygiene promotion plans
- Support needs assessment and propose new ideas to improve the hygiene promotion activities
Qualification & Experience:
- A public health-related degree or Diploma in Public health /community nursing/community health/ health promotion from a recognized institution.
- A public health-related degree or Diploma in Public health /community nursing/community health/ health promotion from a recognized institution or a related diploma
- One year of experience working in humanitarian organizations
- Being familiar with the local humanitarian circumstances.
- Possess coping skills and the ability to function under pressure.
- Ability to conduct knowledge transfer and effective communication abilities
- Facilitate community programs to raise awareness of hygiene (male and female campaigns).
- Assist to plan and lead training sessions for refugees and host communities.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply DRC WASH Assistant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 17 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|