IFC Environmental and Social Development Specialist Jobs 2022 – Kenya NGO Jobs. IFC Kenya looking for “Environmental and Social Development Specialist”. Applicants with a Graduate/Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in relevant discipline may apply on or before 07 October 2022.
The International Finance Corporation is an international financial institution that offers investment, advisory, and asset-management services to encourage private-sector development in less developed countries. The IFC is a member of the World Bank Group and is headquartered in Washington, D.C. in the United States.
IFC Environmental and Social Development Specialist Jobs 2022
The IFC has published a job vacancy announcement on 22 September 2022 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Environmental and Social Development Specialist to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||International Finance Corporation (IFC)|
|Position||Environmental and Social Development Specialist – Financial Intermediaries|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Graduate/Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in relevant discipline|
|Experience Required||Minimum of ten years|
|Application Deadline||07 October 2022|
IFC Job Vacancy 2022
Job Purpose: IFC is looking for a dynamic, motivated, and detail-oriented professional with strong communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills to provide support to IFC’s team of environment and social specialists who are responsible for IFC investments in financial intermediaries in Africa.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The work to be undertaken is described below and will include:
- Lead E&S review and appraisal and ensure clear and timely guidance to clients and Transaction Teams on E&S risk management in all relevant financial intermediaries’ investment and advisory transactions throughout the project life cycle.
Undertake E&S due diligence of IFC proposed investments in financial intermediaries (FIs):
- Gathering and analyzing available information to identify gaps against specific Performance Standards for assigned projects.
- Identification and proposition of appropriate mitigation measures for risks and impacts.
- Production of high-quality work products that clearly and logically frame risk mitigation.
- Identification of opportunities for value-add in project structure, including providing IFC clients with guidance in establishing E&S Management Systems to ensure compliance with IFC E&S requirements.
Qualification & Experience:
- Graduate/Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in relevant discipline (e.g., environmental, social sciences, science, engineering).
- Minimum of ten years working experience, preferably in the assessment and management of environmental and/or social impacts for financial intermediaries.
- Good working knowledge of the IFC Performance Standards.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to think strategically, analyze and synthesize diverse information sources, and draw conclusions from sometimes limited data.
- Exemplary project management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing circumstances, organize and prioritize deliverables, and maintain attention to detail.
- Pragmatic, solution-oriented, problem solver with a high degree of responsiveness and proactivity, coupled with the ability to recognize when a solution is not available.
- Work experience in one or more African countries and ability to travel extensively in the region.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and spoken; ability to communicate in French and Arabic will be an advantage.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural team, influence and negotiate point of view within teams, superior mentoring skills.
- Job #: req19182
- Sector: Environment
- Grade: GG
- Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
- Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
- Required Language(s): English
- Preferred Language(s): French, Arabic
How to Apply IFC Environmental and Social Development Specialist Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 07 October 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|