IRC Adolescent Girls Technical Adviser Jobs 2022 – Kenya NGO Jobs. IRC Kenya looking for “Adolescent Girls Technical Adviser”. Applicants with a Master’s/post-graduate degree in gender studies may apply on or before 06 October 2022.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
IRC Adolescent Girls Technical Adviser Jobs 2022
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 23 September 2022 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Adolescent Girls Technical Adviser to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||International Rescue Committee (IRC)|
|Position||Adolescent Girls Technical Adviser|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Master’s/post-graduate degree in gender studies|
|Experience Required||A minimum of 6 – 8 years|
|Application Deadline||06 October 2022|
IRC Job Vacancy 2022
Position Summary: The Adolescent Girls (AG) Technical Advisor (TA) will be responsible for supporting a 36-month French Development Agency (AFD)-funded grant titled Feminist Solidarity Fund for Girls’ Education (FSF). Through this project, FSF Consortium will support a range of feminist CSOs and Women’s rights and Women led organisations(WROs/WLOs) and youth organisations, working in our 7 target countries and/or at a regional level to accelerate gender equality in and through education. These include:
- CSOs providing direct support to girls and their families to remove individual-, family- and community-level barriers to education.
- CSOs working directly with schools and other sub-national institutions to improve the quality of support for adolescent girls in school as well as access to education for out-of-school girls.
- And, CSOs conducting research and/or advocacy to advance the rights of girls, including access to education
This is a primarily a field-facing position with the central responsibility focused on program quality. The Technical Advisor’s specific responsibilities are as follows:
- Provide technical leadership to ensure a shared regional framework, as well as context-appropriate adaptation, for program design, innovation, influence, and monitoring, evaluation, and learning for the FSF project;
- Support consortium partner staff to undertake FSF activities, ensuring that they are aligned with the project strategies which include contextualizing gender equality in education outcomes and including interventions chosen based on best available evidence;
- Provide support to ensure proposed activities are responsive to client needs and preferences based on sound context and gender analysis;
- Document and share cross-context learning internally (with country program staff) and externally (in relevant meetings, conferences, etc. in national, regional, and global fora);
- Regular communication and coordination with the Project Manager and key home office staff as well as other regional Technical Advisors on technical and project management issues;
- Give technical input to relevant communication materials such as fact sheets, briefs, papers, and presentations that can be disseminated and used for influence at the national and global level;
- Produce technical inputs to internal and external reports, as needed;
- In collaboration with education Technical Advisor, act as lead technical focal point for education in emergencies technical questions with the donor.
- Master’s/post-graduate degree in gender studies, international development or relevant field or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Participate in ongoing training courses and share knowledge and skill sets within the unit.
- A minimum of 6 – 8 years of implementing and/or managing large education, or gender equality and empowerment programs and teams, is required, within a humanitarian or international development setting, with at least 1—2 years acting in an advisory capacity on women’s protection/ gender equality programming. Experience in technical tools and materials development, monitoring and evaluation, innovation, and research in relation to women’s protection/ gender equality is highly desired. Experience working in adolescent girls programming. Experience in strategy development and working across sectors or disciplines is highly desired.
- Requisition ID: req31743
- Sector: Violence Prevention and Response
- Employment Category: Regular
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Open to Expatriates: No
How to Apply IRC Adolescent Girls Technical Adviser Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 06 October 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|