UN Habitat Intern – Programme Support Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UN Habitat Kenya looking for “Intern – Programme Support”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 17 February 2023.
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the United Nations programme for human settlements and sustainable urban development. It was established in 1978 as an outcome of the first United Nations Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat I) held in Vancouver, Canada, in 1976. UN-Habitat maintains its headquarters at the United Nations Office at Nairobi, Kenya. It is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. It is a member of the United Nations Development Group. The mandate of UN-Habitat derives from the Habitat Agenda, adopted by the United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat II) in Istanbul, Turkey, in 1996.
UN Habitat Intern – Programme Support Jobs 2023
The UN Habitat has published a job vacancy announcement on 04 February 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Intern – Programme Support to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN Habitat)|
|Position||Intern – Programme Support|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||No working experience is required|
|Application Deadline||17 February 2023|
UN Habitat Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background; the intern’s assigned office as well as the internship period.
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, Global Land Tool Network, the intern will:
- Assist in regular communication and knowledge management within the LHS section and with GLTN partners.
- Support in the development, compilation, synthesis, and management of knowledge materials developed by GLTN.
- Contribute to planning and implementation of targeted capacity development initiatives of GLTN partners.
- Keep track of relevant national/regional/international meetings and events in the thematic area of women’s land rights monitoring, including cross-cutting issues of human rights, etc.
- Support in the creation of content for activities at the global and regional level including concept notes, thematic fact sheets, quick guides, and regular updates related to land governance and administration as well as gender-responsive land initiatives for dissemination internally and externally.
- Support in the production of advocacy and outreach material related to land governance and administration and gender-responsive land tools.
- Support in the data collection, literature review, writing, and compilation of global case studies for learning.
- Provide support to administrative tasks such as organizing internal and external (regional and global) events, meetings and preparation of meeting minutes, project reporting, and follow-up and related activities.
- Support any processes to identify donors and proposal writing with identification of partners, fact-finding, and conceptual writing.
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with Bachelor’s degree, Masters, PhD or equivalent
- No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
- Experience in project planning, monitoring and management is required.
- Knowledge of the framework for monitoring of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), land governance/management and information systems is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this internship, fluency in written and Oral English is required; Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UN Habitat Intern – Programme Support Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 17 February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|