UN Habitat Intern Urban Planning For CIS Project Jobs 2022 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UN Habitat Kenya looking for “Intern Urban Planning For CIS Project”. Applicants with a degree in Graduate School Programme may apply on or before 9th Aug 2022.
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the United Nations programme for human settlements and sustainable urban development. It was established in 1978 as an outcome of the first United Nations Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat I) held in Vancouver, Canada, in 1976. UN-Habitat maintains its headquarters at the United Nations Office at Nairobi, Kenya. It is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. It is a member of the United Nations Development Group. The mandate of UN-Habitat derives from the Habitat Agenda, adopted by the United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat II) in Istanbul, Turkey, in 1996.
UN Habitat Intern Urban Planning For CIS Project Jobs 2022
The UN Habitat has published a job vacancy announcement on 27th July 2022 for qualified Kenyans to fill in the vacant post of Intern Urban Planning For CIS Project to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT)|
|Position||Intern Urban Planning For CIS Project|
|Total Vacant Post||22|
|Qualification||Graduate School Programme|
|Experience Required||No Working Experience|
|Application Deadline||9th Aug 2022|
UN Habitat Job Vacancy 2022
Job Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Chief of Planning, Finance and Economy Section, the intern will:
- Support the development of the technical and normative outputs of the Planning, Finance, and Economy Section by assisting in gathering data, analyzing, contributing to the preparation of reports and technical documents, preparation of presentations, and other dissemination materials.
- Support the capacity building on a variety of planning themes Assist in the development of content and methodology on inclusive and sustainable urban planning and development Support the designated, Urban Planning, Finance, and Economy Section, and Programmes in mainstreaming ecological and social resilience in the planning system, urban plans at various levels, workshops, surveys, assessments, trainings, and seminars, to steer urban and territorial planning toward climate adaptation and social inclusion goals.
- Support Urban Planning and Design Lab in a set of planning activities such as contextual analysis of the project area mainly in the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS), analysis of legal and institutional frameworks, stakeholder mappings and development of strategic recommendations and participatory techniques.
- Support in data collection via open sources, conducting a literature review, and synthesis of data collected.
- Support in defining urban challenges and opportunities for development for project cities, defining ways of graphic representation of the assessment outcomes.
- Participate in brainstorming discussions with the project team and participatory mapping exercises.
- Assist in the development of frameworks, guidelines, policies, and presentations through identification and review of relevant publications and documents, drafting and commenting on documents, comment revision on the SDG-related contents, and assist in producing information materials and supporting visuals.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: INTERN – URBAN PLANNING FOR CIS PROJECT, I (Temporary Job Opening)
- Job Code Title: INTERN – PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT
- Department/Office: United Nations Human Settlements Programme
- Duty Station: NAIROBI
- Posting Period: 26 July 2022 – 09 August 2022
- Job Opening Number: 22-Programme Management-UN-HABITAT-187075-J-Nairobi (O)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
- Knowledge of five main challenges and priority action in Common Wealth Independent States (CIS) countries is desirable.
- Ability to submit timely and accurate reports/deliverables in a team setting is required.
How to Apply UN Habitat Intern Urban Planning For CIS Project Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=187075
The Closing Date: 9th Aug 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Job Advertisement||Click To View|
|Related Jobs||Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|