UN Habitat Programme Coordinator Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UN Habitat Kenya looking for “Programme Coordinator”. Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before 14 March 2023.
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the United Nations programme for human settlements and sustainable urban development. It was established in 1978 as an outcome of the first United Nations Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat I) held in Vancouver, Canada, in 1976. UN-Habitat maintains its headquarters at the United Nations Office at Nairobi, Kenya. It is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. It is a member of the United Nations Development Group. The mandate of UN-Habitat derives from the Habitat Agenda, adopted by the United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat II) in Istanbul, Turkey, in 1996.
UN Habitat Programme Coordinator Jobs 2023
The UN Habitat has published a job vacancy announcement on 02 March 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Programme Coordinator to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN Habitat)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||At least 10 years|
|Application Deadline||14 March 2023|
UN Habitat Job Vacancy 2023
Under the supervision of the Programme Management Officer, Human Rights and Social Inclusion unit and reporting to the Inter-Regional Adviser, Programme Development Branch, the consultant will undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
- Develop the framework for localizing global UMF Indicators to national, regional or local context.
- Prepare terms of reference for national State of SDGs in cities reports, assessment templates and research model.
- Lead the drafting of the National States of SDG in cities report.
- Develop communication materials for city’s engagement in national State of SDGs in Cities report and related events.
- Develop detailed standards, communications materials and internal certification process for SDG Cities Certifications and lead the piloting of the certification process.
- Develop communications materials format to showcase national urban SDG achievements for international conferences and national SDG awareness events.
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s degree in International Relations, preferably in: Project Management, Social Sciences, International Development, Programme Support and Political Science is required.
- Relevant working experience, of at least 10 years, in the field of Project Management is required.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations. Fluency in English is required.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UN Habitat Programme Coordinator Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 14 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|