UNDP Gender Audit Of Conflict Analysis Jobs 2021 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNDP Kenya looking for “Gender Audit Of Conflict Analysis”. Applicants with a degree in Master Degree may apply on or before 28th Oct 2021.
The United Nations Development Programme is the global development network of the United Nations. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
UNDP Gender Audit Of Conflict Analysis Jobs 2021
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on 22nd Oct 2021 for qualified Kenyans to fill in the vacant post of Gender Audit Of Conflict Analysis to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations Development Programme|
|Position||Gender Audit Of Conflict Analysis|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Ten years|
|Application Deadline||28th Oct 2021|
UNDP Job Vacancy 2021
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the overall guidance and direction of the Peace and Security Specialist, the consultant will undertake a gender audit of existing conflict analysis and identify gaps and opportunities for inclusive analysis and secondly elaborate a comprehensive Gender Responsive Conflict and Disaster Analysis of Kenya.
- Undertake a gender audit of recent conflict and disaster analysis undertaken from 2018 to date.
- Undertake a gender-responsive conflict and disaster analysis, moving beyond documenting the gendered impact of conflict and disaster to assessing the gendered dynamics that can fuel conflict and can contribute to peace.
- Identify the key factors and gender drivers contributing to conflict and sustainable peace in Kenya.
- Understand the differentiated impact on men, women, and diversities.
- Reflect on how power relations based on gender impact or are influenced by these factors/drivers, as well as by sustaining peace efforts in the country.
- Identify current and potential roles of women as active agents of peace and promote inclusive recovery post-disaster.
- Undertake a system analysis of conflict and gender, an assessment of interconnectedness between factors (causes, consequences) and actors and dynamics of conflict which can help identify underlying causes of conflict and uncover opportunities to promote/consolidate peace.
- Locate leverage points or opportunities to increase the gender sensitivity, effectiveness, and sustainability of the peace processes.
- Draft an action plan to address issues raised/findings of the gender audit
Position in Organization:
- Location: Nairobi, KENYA
- Application Deadline: 28-Oct-21 (Midnight New York, USA)
- Time left: 6d 17h 33m
- Additional Category: Gender Equality
- Type of Contract : Individual Contract
- Post Level : National Consultant
- Languages Required : English
- Starting Date :15-Nov-2021
- (date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
- Duration of Initial Contract: 45 days
- Expected Duration of Assignment : 45 days
- A Master’s Degree or equivalent in gender/women’s studies, Peace Studies, international development, conflict studies, Law, Access to justice, social sciences, human rights, or a related field is required.
- At least 10 years progressively responsible experience in conflict prevention and peacebuilding programming, training, and/or analysis with significant experience mainstreaming gender into analysis processes.
- Technical experience working on the Women, Peace, and Security agenda.
- Strong understanding of the Women, Peace, and Security Agenda, normative frameworks, and WPS programming.
- Demonstrated experience in doing research and analysis on areas of gender, development, peace, and security and demonstrate publications.
- Demonstrated working relationships with state actors at the national, county level, peace actors, women’s human rights and gender equality organizations, development partners that can be activated for the purposes of the data collection and analysis.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Experience working with the UN and multilateral organizations
- Ability to work independently and deliver on tight timelines.
How to Apply UNDP Gender Audit Of Conflict Analysis Jobs 2021
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=102715
The Closing Date: 28th Oct 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2021|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|