WWF Communications Officer Jobs 2022 – Kenya NGO Jobs. WWF Kenya looking for “Communications Officer”. Applicants with a Bachelor degree may apply on or before 18 November 2022.
The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is an international non-governmental organization founded in 1961 that works in the field of wilderness preservation and the reduction of human impact on the environment. It was formerly named the World Wildlife Fund, which remains its official name in Canada and the United States.
WWF Communications Officer Jobs 2022
The WWF has published a job vacancy announcement on 07 November 2022 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Communications Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||At least 5 years|
|Application Deadline||18 November 2022|
WWF Job Vacancy 2022
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Communications Coordinator, Content Development, the Communication Officer will be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of an effective communication and advocacy strategy within The Southern Kenya Landscape. One of the key pillars of the intervention is ensuring improved wellbeing of local communities through better voice and agency, equitable benefit sharing and diversified and sustainable livelihoods. The strategy further encompasses the South of Kenya North of Tanzania (SOKNOT)-UNGANISHA transboundary program which seeks to restore key natural resources across the expansive landscape to bring benefits to people and wildlife. These include: critical forests, farmlands, rangeland ecosystems and wildlife corridors for more biodiversity, climate change resilience and better livelihoods
Works in close partnership with Communications Coordinator, Content Development and landscape programme teams to develop and implement effective internal and external public relations and communications strategies in ;
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in close partnership with WWF-Kenya’s Communications Coordinator, Content Development and the Southern Kenya Landscape program teams to develop and implement effective internal and external public relations and communications strategies.
- Work with communications and program teams to generate digital content.
- Responsible for supporting movement building by scheduling and creating high-quality, targeted and engaging communications content like case study stories for core channels, and to deliver this in a variety of mediums, including written, visual, audio and video;
- Responsible for maintaining in-house video/ photography workflows and equipment management.
- Responsible for managing WWF-Kenya’s video and photo Library and further ensuring all audio visual content is filed and indexed in HIVE – The WWF Global Photo Library.
- Assist in preparation of program, project and campaign communications plans.
- Work with communications and program teams to generate written and audio visual content for a wide range of audience.
- Positively represent the Landscape and communications teams, maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Support on wider communications and content tasks as required e.g. copywriting, creation of documents, decks and compiling assets.
- Support the development and dissemination of Information Education and Communications materials including print and electronic materials.
- Work in close partnership with The Southern Kenya Landscape program leaders to develop and disseminate quarterly bulletins highlighting the landscape conservation activities and impact.
- Assists in planning and organizing corporate events within the landscape;
- Support the fundraising team in designing fundraising collaterals as part of the wider resource mobilization strategy.
- Support transboundary communications initiatives for projects within the (SOKNOT)-UNGANISHA area.
- Monitor, review and provide recommendations regarding communication and fundraising activities.
- Support communication liaison for donor visits within the Landscape.
- Assist in the implementation of WWF-Kenya’s digital strategy.
- Support on the ideation and creation of social posts content for key moments and events as part of communications toolkits.
- Support social activations as well as researching and coordinating sign off of facts from technical teams.
- Coordinate event logistics in the Landscape: scheduling meetings, preparing presentations, gathering materials for conferences and workshops, travel arrangements, planning and evaluation to support a range of internal communications events.
- Assist in designing and implementing crisis communication, WWF-Kenya’s media visibility strategy and handling strategies.
- Participate in developing and implementing strategic outreach programmes and campaigns within the sub-landscape.
- Support development of program proposals, budgeting and preparation of project reports.
- Work closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation team to measure the success of activities and ensure regular evaluation reports are produced and prepared for individual campaigns, programmes and projects within the Landscape.
Qualification & Experience:
- A minimum of degree or equivalent in Photography and audio visual/Film communication or, film and video production or TV and Video Production or related field.
- At least Eight years’ practical experience in a production, videography, photography and features or script writing including supporting public communications and internal communications plans and activities.
- Professional photographer and videographer.
- Drone and aerial photography and videography skills.
- roficient in professional audio-visual, photography, lighting kit and story gathering techniques.
- Excellent storytelling skills including features and documentaries production and directing.
- Professional video editing experience.
- Experience using professional grade audio-visual recording equipment.
- Previous experience in undertaking video assignments for non-profits and international organization’s with demonstrated attractive professional portfolios.
- Experience working in a fast-paced media environment. understanding of new evolving technologies and digital platforms including video live streaming.
- Excellent story gathering and storytelling skills with proven pre and post production experience in creating video and picture stories.
- Expertise with the latest video editing software, systems and graphics packages.
- Ability to be involved in filming projects and put together a full production team.
- Experience in creating, repurposing and re-packaging compelling short-form video and picture content, working across a broad range of different audiences, formats and channels.
- Proven experience in identifying and proactively developing story ideas.
- Excellent skills in copywriting and producing clear, engaging content.
- Ability to operate independently, manage own workload effectively and proactively prioritize if required; also, able to adapt to work collaboratively with others.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the audio visual communication requirements of a non-profit organization.
- Experience working with communities to amplify indigenous peoples voices as well as enhance grassroots advocacy.
- Good interpersonal engagement skills and can liaise with staff at all levels.
- Extremely organized, with attention to detail.
- Relevant certification in Digital Media or Film & Television or Visual Communications or related fields added advantage.
- Membership of a Public Relations Society or media association is an added advantage.
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Courage, Integrity, Respect and Collaboration.
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required of you in the post.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WWF Communications Officer Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 18 November 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|