UNDSS Field Security Associate Jobs 2023 – Nigeria NGO Jobs.
UNDSS Nigeria looking for “Field Security Associate”.
Applicants with a High school Diploma may apply on or before 30 June 2023.
The Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS) is a department of the United Nations providing professional safety and security services to enable the United Nations to deliver its programmes globally. UNDSS reports directly to the Secretary-General. UNDSS manages a network of security advisers, analysts, officers and coordinators in more than 100 countries in support of around 180,000 United Nations personnel, 400,000 dependents and 4,500 United Nations premises worldwide.
UNDSS Field Security Associate Jobs 2023
The UNDSS has published a job vacancy announcement on 06 June 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Field Security Associate to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
|Recruiter||United Nations Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS)|
|Position||Field Security Associate|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||High school Diploma|
|Experience Required||Seven (7) years|
|Application Deadline||30 June 2023|
UNDSS Job Vacancy 2023
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
Within limits of delegated authority, the Field Security Associate is responsible for the following duties:
Assists the Security Adviser and Field Security Coordination Officer in collecting, updating and communicating information regarding the security situation in Abuja:
- Liaises and coordinates, as appropriate, with the host government security organizations and/or personnel, including national and local provincial authorities, military, and police officers, as well as non-governmental organizations in the area of operation;
- Helps to assess the security situation at the duty station and ensures adequate gathering and verification of security information that may be required for a proper analysis of the situation;
- Communicates information on security issues to the heads of United Nations agencies and provides host country security advice to UNDSS, as required;
- Maintains regular contacts with Security Focal Points of UN agencies;
- Assists in managing the local cost share security budget;
- May be requested to provide technical assistance at Area/Security Management Team meetings
- High school Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Seven (7) years of work experience in security, risk or disaster or emergency areas with security responsibilities, in the public or private service areas, such as national security, military or police, or in a corporate environment is required.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft applications i.e. Word, Excel Access and Powerpoint is required.
- Prior experience with the UN system or an international NGO is desirable.
- Experience in the use of radio communications systems is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position(s) advertised, fluency (oral and written) in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNDSS Field Security Associate Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 30 June 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Job Advertisement||Click Here to View|
|Related Jobs||Nigeria NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|