DRC Protection Assistant Jobs 2023 – Nigeria NGO Jobs.
DRC Nigeria looking for “Protection Assistant”.
Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree may apply on or before 08 October 2023.
Founded in 1956, the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is Denmark’s largest, and a leading international NGO – one of the few with a specific expertise in forced displacement. In 40 countries 9,000 employees protect, advocate and build sustainable futures for refugees and other displacement affected people and communities. DRC works during displacement at all stages: In the acute crisis, in exile, when settling and integrating in a new place, or upon return.
DRC Protection Assistant Jobs 2023
The DRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 04 October 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Protection Assistant to be based in Mubi, Nigeria.
|Recruiter||Danish Refugee Council (DRC)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||2 years|
|Application Deadline||08 October 2023|
DRC Job Vacancy 2023
Purpose: The Protection Assistant, reporting to the Protection Team Leader and with the support of the Protection Officers, is responsible for the day-to-day implementation of various protection activities in the field locations under his/her responsibility. These include Protection Monitoring, referrals and follow up of referrals (including establishing referral pathways), identification of IPA beneficiaries and follow up of cases, psychosocial support activities, and supervision of protection casual workers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Protection Team leader, the holder of this position shall perform the following duties:
- Ensure the organization and the implementation of all protection activities at field level in accordance with the agreed work plan and the international standards
- Ensure the management of the field protection casual workers
- Prepare necessary activity and protection reports (weekly, monthly, ad hoc) as required
- Participate in conducting needs and programmatic assessments in targeted locations
- Identify and intervene on protection cases in the camps and host communities with technical support from their line manager
Qualification & Experience:
- Diploma or bachelor’s degree in law, social sciences, social work, community development, psychology, sociology, education, counselling, human rights, and other relevant disciplines.
- 2 yrs. work experience in a humanitarian organization / with displacement affected populations or significant experience as a DRC Protection social and outreach worker.
- Knowledge of protection norms, principles, and activities
- Excellent communication skills (oral and writing)
- Professional fluency in English, Hausa is a must. Higgi and Marghi is an added advantage.
- Ability and willingness to maintain regular presence at project sites (remote / field sites) and to work during irregular working hours and in insecure environments.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills – self-motivated individuals, able to take initiative and propose solutions, resilient, positive, and able to work independently.
- Good understanding of the Northeast Nigeria operational context
- Must have basic level computer skills.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply DRC Protection Assistant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 08 October 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Job Advertisement||Click Here to View|
|Related Jobs||Nigeria NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|