WFP Head of Programme Jobs 2022 – Uganda NGO Jobs. WFP Uganda looking for “Head of Programme“. Applicants with a degree in Advanced degree may apply on or before August 05, 2022.
The World Food Programme is the food-assistance branch of the United Nations. It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, the largest one focused on hunger and food security, and the largest provider of school meals. Founded in 1961, it is headquartered in Rome and has offices in 80 countries.
WFP Head of Programme Jobs 2022
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on July 23, 2022 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Head of Programme to be based in Arua, Uganda.
|Recruiter||World Food Programme (WFP)|
|Position||Head of Programme|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Seven years|
|Application Deadline||August 05, 2022|
WFP Job Vacancy 2022
Key Accountabilities (Not All-Inclusive)
- Manage technical cooperation and engagement with the District Local Governments to address root causes of food and nutrition insecurity.
- Support the design and management of Livelihoods programme including planning, monitoring and management of response interventions in support of the strategic outcomes
- Develop and strengthen partnerships with district local governments and other stakeholders including private sector actors.
- Engage with Gender focal points to ensure that gender equality, and in particularly, women’s empowerment, is effectively mainstreamed throughout the areas of engagement and implementation.
- Represent the Area Office at appropriate strategic and technical working groups and coordination structures.
- Manage, supervise, coach and promote learning of programme teams including performance management.
- Provide oversight and application of accountability practices to enhance effective risk management.
- Support identification and commissioning of relevant learning and analysis which informs the Area and Country Office approach to promotion of market systems development and promotion of sustainable and productive agricultural practices.
- Co-ordinate learning, research and documentation of lessons learnt and emerging thinking relating to livelihoods in Westnile
- Strengthen Zero Hunger programme linkages with community based low carbon development, climate finance, climate change adaptation, climate resilience, natural resource management and interface with food and nutrition security.
- Ensure effective management of programme partnerships, in-line with WFP’s corporate guidance.
- Manage the Area Office’s internal and external technical support relating to community engagement, crisis response, cash-based transfers, market systems development and agricultural policy advocacy.
- Oversee monitoring and evaluation to build evidence for learning.
- Analyse key surveys and research studies, evaluations, and reports to identify and document lessons, and produce analytical summaries for internal use and / or policy application.
- Explore areas where WFP can enhance its contribution to policy review including District Local Government by-laws, in accordance with the commitments in WFP’s Country Strategy plan.
- Contribute to communications and reports with emphasis on demonstrating the evidence and impact of WFP’s programmes;
- Work closely with the Communications team to ensure public communications and public diplomacy reflect WFP’s commitment to zero hunger
- Guide technical application of programmes that ensure synergies particularly in the areas of social protection and nutrition
- Actively integrate climate-related response and environmental protection into the Area Office’s programme planning and delivery.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of periodical and on-demand programme reports.
Position in Organization:
- Requisition ID 170198
- Posted 22/07/2022 – Fixed Term- UN – Africa,
- Central & Eastern – Uganda – Arua
- Advanced degree in Rural Development, Development Economics, Business, Social Protection, Agriculture or related discipline relevant to the requirements of this post
- At least seven years of relevant operational, technical and leadership experience in the development and humanitarian fields;
- Proven technical expertise in qualitative or quantitative analysis to support programmes;
- Experience in Social Protection delivery systems in Northern Uganda is desirable;
- A sound understanding of the political, economic, social and cultural environments impacting on rural and urban livelihoods in Uganda
- Experience in planning and management for results especially while working within community engagement settings
- Excellent management skills and experience of managing partnerships
- Experience with / proficiency in the analysis, management and synthesis of reports; research skills and experience in managing research also desirable
- Excellent communication skills including excellent written and verbal skills in English; knowledge of one or more of the following languages is an added advantage – Luo, Acholi, Lugbara, Madi, Kakwa, Aringa, Alur and Langi.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain productive, professional relationships with government and local community counterparts, donors, civil society and other stakeholders
- High capacity for organization and coordination, as well as an ability to work with a high degree of independence in a team environment
How to Apply WFP Head of Programme Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: August 05, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Uganda NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|