IRC Medical Officer Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. IRC Uganda looking for “Medical Officer”. Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree may apply on or before September 26, 2023.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
IRC Medical Officer Jobs 2023
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on September 13, 2023for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Medical Officer to be based in Bidibidi, Uganda.
|Recruiter||International Rescue Committee (IRC)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience||At Least Two Years|
|Application Deadline||September 26, 2023|
- Provide comprehensive evaluation and delivery of health services to persons of concern according to ministry of health guidelines and protocols and UNHCR public health strategy.
- Coordinate integrated service delivery at the health facilities including, but not limited to; mental health, NCD’s, Nutrition, HIV care and RH including coordination of consultancy and outreach visit
- Conduct daily ward rounds for IPD patients and attend to all emergencies both medical and surgical while on duty.
- Ensure adequate health team coverage of the clinics and rationale prescription and use of medicines and medical supplies.
- Monitor availability of supplies and promptly alert the clinical services and health managers.
- Coordinate clinical audits, chart reviews and mortality audits as part of continuous learning and improvement of activities.
- Identify training needs and provide just-in-time training and mentorship for the multi-disciplinary health care teams.
- Promptly evaluate patients for referral and follow up to ensure services are accessed at the point of referral.
- Support the implementation of emergency reproductive health services including basic emergency obstetric and neonatal care.
- Coordinate with district health authorities and other agencies to avoid duplication of services in the settlements and to optimize health outcomes through increased access to life saving interventions.
- Actively participate in mobilizing and educating the refugee community to adopt health promoting behaviors.
- Ensure consistent and timely collection, utilization and reporting of community health and facility based health data.
- Represent the health program and maintain effective and cordial relationship with district health authorities and other district officials, UN agencies, Community leaders and other NGO’s.
- Conduct disease surveillance activities and manage outbreaks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine and Surgery
- Must be registered with Uganda Medical and Dental Practitioner’s council
- Must possess a valid practicing license
- At least two years’ experience in clinical work in humanitarian setting.
- Good track record of clinical management of common ailments.
- Knowledge of grants management.
Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Working contacts within health sector, including district health care authorities and other NGO’s.
- Fluency in English and any other relevant local language.
- Strong analytical orientation and sound judgment
- Proactiveness, resourcefulness, punctuality, responsibility.
- Excellent administrative/management skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Solid understanding of the social, economic and political context of a refugee setting.
- Dedication to the IRC principles and demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with persons of different national and cultural background
- Proficiency in current office software applications (MS- word, excel, PowerPoint).
- Requisition ID: req45400
- Job Title: Medical Officer
- Sector: Health
- Employment Category: Regular
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Open to Expatriates: No
- Location: Bidibidi, Uganda
- Work Arrangement: In-person
How to Apply IRC Medical Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/45400?c=rescue
The Closing Date: September 26, 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Uganda NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|