DRC Chief of Party Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
DRC Uganda looking for “Chief of Party”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before January 31, 2024.
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private Danish humanitarian nonprofit organization, founded in 1956. It serves as an umbrella organization for 33 member organizations. Formed after the Second World War in response to the European refugee crises caused by the Soviet invasion of Hungary in 1956, DRC has been active in large scale humanitarian projects around the world.
DRC Chief of Party Jobs 2023
The DRC has published a job vacancy announcement on November 02, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Chief of Party to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
|Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
|Chief of Party – Uganda Refugee Response Initiative (URRI)
|Total Vacant Post
|Minimum Ten years
|January 31, 2024
DRC Job Vacancy 2023
Management and Coordination:
- In collaboration with the consortium’s steering committee, set the strategic vision for the programme and consortium members.
- Oversee a comprehensive inception phase that ensures a well-planned setup and readiness for timely and well-informed implementation, ensuring that both support and programme functions are fit for purpose and efficient. This entails ensuring recruitments, new staff inductions and sub-contracting are completed in accordance with agreed timelines.
- Ensure that clear, functional and transparent systems are in place for all aspects of the consortium, ranging from alignment of financial and supply chain, budget management, project cycle management, value for money, reporting and MEAL systems across consortium members.
- Oversee timely implementation of the programme in full compliance with the contractual commitments to and policies of the donor and with full accountability to the DRC, consortium members, sub-grantees and the donor. This entails ensuring compliance, at all levels, with project cycle management processes and leading regular programme reviews and analysis of monitoring data to ensure adaptive actions are taken as necessary.
- Assume accountability for the efficient functioning of technical and/or thematic teams and working groups within the consortium that promote technical rigor, integrated programming and learning.
- Organize and facilitate regular briefings and meetings with the consortium’s steering committee to ensure accountability of each organization, and that members are well informed on the programme’s progress and challenges, and that decisions are made in accordance with consortium bylaws.
- Manage the programme’s relationship with the donor, governmental representatives, UN agencies and other international organizations.
- Represent the consortium in local, national, and international meetings and events as appropriate.
- Proactively identify and effectively manage all key risks related to the programme.
Position in Organization:
- Department: Uganda
- Workplace: Kampala, Uganda with 30% travel to the field
- Contract Type: Expatriate or national contract
- Posted: 31 Oct 2023
- Expires: 31 Jan 2024
- An advanced degree in international development, economics, agronomy or social sciences.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience working in international humanitarian and/or development aid, preferably with displaced populations, and with at least five (5) years as a Chief of Party.
- Proven ability to manage consortia with extensive experience managing multi-agency programmes.
- Technical expertise and experience in agronomy, climate change and adaptation and livelihoods.
- Demonstrated experience in managing large multi-location programs in complex operating environments.
- Comprehensive understanding of Danida donor requirements.
- Robust analytical and strategic planning skills.
- Strong experience in management of finance and budget monitoring, financial forecasting, and risk management.
- Highly diplomatic with excellent political awareness and understanding.
- High-level communications and interpersonal skills.
- A demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with host governments, donors, partners, local organizations, and other stakeholders.
Additional preferred background experience:
- Previous experience in the East Africa desirable with experience in Uganda preferred;
- Experience managing Danida grants or contracts
- Previous experience on localization is an added value
- Knowledge of Microsoft ERP systems an added advantage
- Belief/experience in ‘gender equal and inclusive’ approaches is an asset
How to Apply DRC Chief of Party Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://job.drc.ngo/jobs/job?id=169565
The Closing Date: January 31, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Uganda NGO Forum Jobs 2023
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy
View More Jobs
- IRC Education Officer Jobs 2023
- Save the Children Internal Auditor Jobs 2023
- NRC Consortia and Partnership Manager Jobs 2023
- Abt Associates Environmental Compliance and Safety Assistant Jobs 2023
- Abt Associates Procurement Specialist Jobs 2023
- CTG Account Manager Jobs 2023
- IRC Health Strategy Consultant Jobs 2023
- IGCP Warehouse Manager Jobs 2023