UNITAR Individual Contractor Jobs 2021 – Uganda NGO Jobs. UNITAR Uganda looking for “Individual Contractor“. Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree may apply on or before 22nd December 2021.
The United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) is a dedicated training arm of the United Nations system. UNITAR provides training and capacity development activities to assist mainly developing countries with special attention to Least Developed Countries (LDCs), Small Island Developing States (SIDS) and other groups and communities who are most vulnerable, including those in conflict situations.
UNITAR Individual Contractor Jobs 2021
The UNITAR has published a job vacancy announcement on 25th November 2021 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Individual Contractor to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
|Recruiter||United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR)|
|Position||Individual Contractor –GIS expert in Uganda|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum 05 years|
|Application Deadline||22nd December 2021|
As part of the Disaster Risk Management, and Climate Resilience Section of UNOSAT, the individual contractor will be responsible to carry out the following duties and tasks under the overall project framework “Strengthening capacities in the use of geospatial information for improved resilience in Asia-Pacific and Africa”:
- Support the implementation of stakeholder coordination activities by providing required coordination support to national / regional stakeholders and relevant project partners for the implementation of project activities at country level;
- Undertake training needs assessments to inform the design of tailored learning solutions in coordination with the project team.
- Contribute to the preparation of training material and support the delivery of capacity development activities such as training courses, webinars, workshops and awareness raising events;
- Provide technical backstopping to key stakeholders and decision-makers from national government to facilitate data/information sharing and to leverage the use of technological solutions;
- Liaise with regional stakeholders and support UNOSAT’s outreach activities by attending bilateral meetings, workshops and relevant regional and national forums as required.
- Ensure wide dissemination and visibility of project achievements by participating in national and international fora by making substantive contributions as appropriate;
- Performing any other duties/tasks as required.
- University degree (Bachelor or equivalent) in Geography, Geo-informatics, Engineering, Disaster Risk Management, Climate change, Environmental Science, or related discipline.
- At least five years of progressively experience in geospatial information technology area and at least three years in the international domain;
- Experience in capacity building and working with developing countries;
- Experience in stakeholder engagement, preparation of publications, presentations and communications with external stakeholders;
- Experience in planning of work and pro/actively communicate to stakeholders.
Technical skills and competencies:
- Excellent project management skills;
- Knowledge of geospatial information technology application in the following fields: landslide susceptibility mapping, flood hazard/risk assessment, multi-hazard risk analysis,
- Result-oriented, proactive, self-motivated and “hands-on” with the ability to prioritize work and multitask;
- Demonstrable oral and writing skills in English [high proficiency], with an ability to convey complex ideas in a creative, clear, direct and lively style;
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively;
- Interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds;
- General computer/software proficiency: ArcGIS, QGIS, Office 365
- Fluency in oral and written English is essential. Knowledge of another official UN language would be an advantage.
- Duration of the contract: 11 months (with possibility of renewal)
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNITAR Individual Contractor Jobs 2021
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://www.unitar.org/vacancy……..
The Closing Date: 22nd December 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Uganda NGO Forum Jobs 2021|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|