Human Rights Watch Africa Division Intern Jobs 2023 – South Africa NGO Jobs.
Human Rights Watch South Africa looking for “Africa Division Intern”.
Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree may apply on or before 15th December 2023.
Human Rights Watch was co-founded by Robert L. Bernstein, Jeri Laber, and Aryeh Neier as a private American NGO in 1978, under the name Helsinki Watch, to monitor the then-Soviet Union’s compliance with the Helsinki Accords. Helsinki Watch adopted a practice of publicly “naming and shaming” abusive governments through media coverage and direct exchanges with policymakers.
Human Rights Watch Africa Division Intern Jobs 2023
The Human Rights Watch has published a job vacancy announcement on 01st December 2023 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Africa Division Intern to be based in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa.
|Human Rights Watch
|Africa Division Intern
|Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
|Total Vacant Post
|15th December 2023
- Conducting desk research including small research assignments;
- Monitoring media and compiling reports on news relating to Zimbabwe, Malawi, and Zambia;
- Assisting in translating documents in Swahili when necessary;
- Conducting data analysis;
- Identifying and understanding key issues
- Drafting documents regarding issues in Zimbabwe, Malawi, and Zambia;
- Attending and supporting in the planning of substantive meetings; and
- Other projects may be assigned as they arise and match the intern’s interests and abilities.
Students may also have opportunities to attend lectures, trainings, professional development workshops, and/or special events relating to human rights, as well as network with other HRW interns, volunteers, and employees. As an HRW intern, students will take skills acquired in school and apply them in a professional setting.
- Enrollment in an accredited undergraduate/graduate program for the duration of the internship term is required;
- A strong interest in human rights is essential;
- Applicants should be well-organized, self-motivated, and reliable;
- Computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office, internet applications) and experience completing internet research are essential.
- Proficient reading and writing skills in Swahili are beneficial.
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply Human Rights Watch Africa Division Intern Jobs 2023
Please apply immediately by visiting our online job portal at: https://careers.hrw.org and attaching a CV/resume, letter of interest/cover letter, a brief writing sample.
No calls or email inquiries, please. Only complete applications will be reviewed. Due to the large number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted further.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application submission, please email firstname.lastname@example.org Due to the large response, application submissions via email will not be accepted and inquiries regarding the status of applications will go unanswered.
The Closing Date: 15th December 2023
|South Africa NGO Forum Jobs 2023
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy