UNODC South Africa looking for “International Consultant”.
Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before 18th January 2024.
The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime is a United Nations office that was established in 1997 as the Office for Drug Control and Crime Prevention by combining the United Nations International Drug Control Program (UNDCP) and the Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice Division in the United Nations Office at Vienna, adopting the current name in 2002.
UNODC International Consultant Jobs 2024
The UNODC has published a job vacancy announcement on 10th January 2024 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of International Consultant to be based in Pretoria, South Africa.
|United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)
|Pretoria, South Africa
|Total Vacant Post
|Minimum 05 years
|18th January 2024
Duties and Responsibilities
The Consultant will work under the overall supervision of the UNODC Regional Representative for Southern Africa and the direct supervision of the UNODC Regional Programme Officer, HIV/AIDS Prevention and Care, HIV in Prisons Adviser in the HIV/AIDS Section to:
- Support the roll out of the prevention of mother-to-child transmission monitoring tool in the Republic of South Africa or the Kingdom of Lesotho,
- Conduct research in prisons about the prevention of mother-to-child transmission,
- Analyze and present the data,
- Prepare a draft report of findings,
- Support with the development of a protocol for data collection,
- Support in the development of a report for Southern Africa on the data collected, and Facilitate implementation of the monitoring tool.
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) public health, biostatistics, epidemiology or other relevant discipline is required. A first-level university degree in similar fields in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience is required. Strong demonstration of capability in programming database and/or M&E system development is required
- Experience in health (HIV) programme management, surveillance and research is desirable.
- Experience in training/workshop facilitation is desirable.
- Cultural and political sensitivity is required.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations. For this post, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations Secretariat language is an advantage.
- Job Opening ID: 225168
- Job Network: Economic, Social and Development
- Job Family: Drug Control and Crime Prevention
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNODC International Consultant Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/jobSearch………
The Closing Date: 18th January 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|South Africa NGO Forum Jobs 2024
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy