UNHCR Head of Field Office Jobs 2023 – Zambia NGO Jobs. UNHCR Zambia looking for “Head of Field Office“. Applicants with a degree in Undergraduate Degree may apply on or before 16th Feb 2023.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is a UN agency mandated to aid and protect refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people, and to assist in their voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement to a third country.
UNHCR Head of Field Office Jobs 2023
The UNHCR has published a job vacancy announcement on 2nd Feb 2023 for qualified Zambians to fill in the vacant post of Head of Field Office to be based in Solwezi, Zambia.
|United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
|Head of Field Office
|Total Vacant Post
|Minimum Six years
|16th Feb 2023
UNHCR Job Vacancy 2023
- Monitor and report on the implementation of refugee conventional responsibilities and international obligations of the local authorities Vis a Vis the population of concern to UNHCR within the given geographical area; based on local situations/developments make appropriate recommendation to the UNHCR Representative/HoSO.
- Advocate and promote UNHCR standards concerning the treatment of asylum seekers, refugees and returnees as well as IDPs, where applicable; Advocate, promote and encourage the concerned authorities and local opinion makers to uphold established UNHCR standards that have become the international norms.
- Ensure that the basic needs of the concerned population are properly assessed with the participation of the beneficiaries themselves, the host governments and/or the competent Implementing partners and/or UNHCR itself.
- Subject to the needs, ensure that the planning, formulation and budgeting of identified assistance projects are done as per UNHCR programme cycle; upon approval of assistance project, ensure the timely implementation and rigorous monitoring of identified assistance activities
- Ensure through the subordinate staff that all deadlines for monitoring and reporting of UNHCR operational activities (i.e. include assistance as well as Administrative) are met on a regular basis.
- Manage all UNHCR resources, both human, financial/material, at an optimum level for the wellbeing of the concerned population and the UNHCR staff.
- Ensure that all security measures of UNHCR office (and residential, where ever applicable) compounds are always up to date; any security breaches and/or potential security threat should be reported immediately to competent UN security coordinator in the country.
- Ensure that staff welfare, both in terms of working and living conditions, are maintained at a satisfactory level within the constraints in the operational area; this requires remaining current in health and medical facilities locally available and evacuation options available in a moment of medical urgency.
- Guide, coach and advocate the subordinate staff to maintain highest standards of conduct and behaviour thorough one¿s own practice and deeds.
- Prepare and submit regular reports, both verbally and written, to the UNHCR Representative/HoSO. In the event of substantial telephone conversation that leads to specific action or non-action, it should be recorded and share with the other party.
- Any other responsibilities/functions deemed necessary or as delegated by the UNHCR Representative of the country in order to meet the level of the services in the organization.
- Represent UNHCR in inter-agency fora and with local authorities in the AOR.
- Enforce compliance with UNHCR¿s global protection, programme, finance, human resources and security policies and standards.
- Submit project proposals for assistance to refugees and other persons of concern to UNHCR Representation or Sub-Office in coordination with local authorities and NGOs.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Position in Organization:
- Head of Field Office
- Solwezi, Zambia
- Time type: Full time
- posted on: Posted Yesterday
- job requisition id: JR2311469
- Deadline: 16th Feb 2023
Qualification & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree.
- 6 years relevant experience.
How to Apply UNHCR Head of Field Office Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://unhcr.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/details/Head-of-Field-Office-P3_JR2311469?locationCountry=db69e9b8446c11de98360015c5e6daf6&locationCountry=db69c460446c11de98360015c5e6daf6
The Closing Date: 16th Feb 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Click to View
|Zambia NGO Forum Jobs 2023
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy