CIMMYT Communications Officer Jobs 2022 – Zimbabwe NGO Jobs. CIMMYT Zimbabwe looking for “Communications Officer“. Applicants with a degree in Master’s degree in Communication, Knowledge Management, Journalism may apply on or before February 11, 2022.
CIMMYT grew out of a pilot program sponsored by the Mexican government and the Rockefeller Foundation in the 1940s and 50s and aimed at raising farm productivity in Mexico. Under the scientific leadership of Norman E. Borlaug, the program developed higher yielding wheat varieties that were more resistant to diseases and provided stable yields in changing conditions for developing countries.
CIMMYT Communications Officer Jobs 2022
The CIMMYT has published a job vacancy announcement on January 29, 2022 for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of Communications Officer to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
|Recruiter||International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Master’s degree in Communication, Knowledge Management, Journalism|
|Experience Required||Minimum Five years|
|Application Deadline||February 11, 2022|
CIMMYT Job Vacancy 2022
- Work with project partners to develop, produce, and use relevant extension and training materials (flyers, posters, infographics, videos, etc.) for target communities (farmers, and agricultural extension personnel) and project events (demonstrations, field days).
- Develop project brochures and technical bulletins.
- Document and communicate project news, updates, and stories for wider dissemination in Zimbabwe, and globally.
- Participates in sourcing goods and services from the vendors and consultants in projects including print, photography, and video production.
- Document high-interest stories for dissemination in suitable formats (interviews, photographs, and video) to various target audiences.
- As required, travel to document CIMMYT’s work on the ground, including field visits and taking still and video photography.
- Assist scientists in preparing scientific posters, presentations, and other materials.
- Publish and disseminate project results in various forms – print, digital, video or audio.
- Support networking and engagement activities with other actors in Zimbabwe – as a specific contribution to the project’s wider alignment and scaling objectives.
- Support innovative use of information, communication and knowledge-based interventions and approaches across projects, making use of, for example, participatory communication approaches, emerging ICTs, and working with partners in these areas.
- Oversee the activities related to the production of high-quality communications materials, including digital content, annual reports and reviews, newsletters, etc.
- Liaise with CIMMYT HQ communications team to share project updates and stories.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisors.
- Master’s degree in Communication, Knowledge Management, Journalism or related; or bachelor’s degree in these fields with compensatory years of experience.
- At least 5 years relevant experience, with experience in a development, research, corporate or international environment.
- Fluency in English, Shona and/or Ndebele; working knowledge of other local languages is desirable.
- Demonstrated project management skills, excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
- Basic knowledge of and skills in desktop publishing, HTML, photography, and photo editing.
- Experience in supporting communications and/or media relations in agricultural research for development is an added advantage.
- Experience in agriculture and developmental field in the country and/or region highly desirable.
- Experience managing multiple projects with teams and/or external vendors on tight deadlines.
- Ability to present and package scientific information into various formats to suit specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Problem Solving and Decision Making, Creative Thinking, Negotiation and Conflict Resolution, Communication and Client Orientation.
How to Apply CIMMYT Communications Officer Jobs 2022
To apply, please submit your application to the following e-mail address: CIMMYT-Zimbabwe@cgiar.org the closing date for receipt of applications is 11th February 2022. Cover Letter should refer explicitly to the essential qualifications, skills, and competencies stated above providing clear and concrete examples of where, when, and how the experience was gained and expected remuneration. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. . Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply.
|Related Jobs||Zimbabwe NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|