UNDP Individual Consultant National Viability Gap Funding Framework Jobs 2022 – Zimbabwe NGO Jobs. UNDP Zimbabwe looking for “Individual Consultant National Viability Gap Funding Framework“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before Oct. 02, 2022.
The United Nations Development Programme is the global development network of the United Nations. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
UNDP Individual Consultant National Viability Gap Funding Framework Jobs 2022
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on Sep. 23, 2022 for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of Individual Consultant National Viability Gap Funding Framework to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
|Recruiter||United Nations Development Programme|
|Position||Individual Consultant National Viability Gap Funding Framework|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Eight years|
|Application Deadline||Oct. 02, 2022|
UNDP Job Vacancy 2022
Duties and Responsibilities
- The objective of the Project is to encourage private sector investment in RE through viability gap funding to increase electricity access by developing off-grid community projects in rural areas as a pilot model. The expectation is also to dramatically lower the cost of production per kilowatt hour of energy. The intervention is hinged on the Viability Gap Funding Framework to guide the implementation of viability gap funding, an incentive for promoting RE investment as provided for in the NREP.
SCOPE OF WORKS
The Government of Zimbabwe and UNDP Country office through the UNDP Energy offer programme require the services of an Individual Consultant to undertake the development of the National Viability Gap Funding Framework. This entails:
- Conduct Stakeholder consultations meetings,
- Develop the procedure for application and approval of Viability Gap Funding for rural area off-grid community projects for increasing access to electricity,
- Conduct a validation workshop for the National Viability Gap Funding Framework,
- Drafting the final National Viability Gap Funding Framework.
Position in Organization:
- Location: Harare, ZIMBABWE
- Application Deadline: 02-Oct-22 (Midnight New York, USA)
- Time left: 9d 16h 31m
- Type of Contract: Individual Contract
- Post Level: National Consultant
- Languages Required: English
- Starting Date: (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 11-Oct-2022
- Duration of Initial Contract: 44 Working Days
- Expected Duration of Assignment: 44 Working Days
- Master’s degree in Finance, Development Finance, Climate/Renewable Energy Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business Administration, or other relevant qualifications.
- At least 8 years’ experience in the finance sector, preferably with development bank, commercial bank, investment funds, micro-finance, investing in emerging or low-income markets, sustainable or impact finance, investment research, venture capital, private equity or development finance,
- Experience in developing and modelling renewable energy project independent power production
- Proven ability to develop strategic documents, guiding framework, policies in renewable energy investment landscape of Zimbabwe,
- Specific knowledge and experience in structuring and/or providing financing to sustainable energy projects (specific experience in solar PV projects would be an advantage),
- Understanding of the challenges of the private sector in the Southern Africa region, particularly Zimbabwe, related with access to finance,
- Experience in organizing and facilitating public and private sector stakeholder dialogue activities (workshops and multi-level meetings),
- Experience working for UNDP or another international development organization in the energy field is an asset;
- Excellent oral and written skills;
How to Apply UNDP Individual Consultant National Viability Gap Funding Framework Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=109249
The Closing Date: Oct. 02, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Zimbabwe NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|