OHCHR Human Rights Officer Jobs 2024 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
OHCHR Ethiopia looking for “Human Rights Officer”.
Applicants with an Advanced University Degree may apply on or before 12th March, 2024.
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, commonly known as the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) or the United Nations Human Rights Office, is a department of the Secretariat of the United Nations that works to promote and protect human rights that are guaranteed under international law and stipulated in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights of 1948. The office was established by the United Nations General Assembly on 20 December 1993 in the wake of the 1993 World Conference on Human Rights.
OHCHR Human Rights Officer Jobs 2024
The OHCHR has published a job vacancy announcement on 13th February, 2024 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Human Rights Officer to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR)
|Human Rights Officer
|Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
|Total Vacant Post
|Advanced University Degree
|Minimum Five (05) years
|15th February, 2024
OHCHR Job Vacancy 2024
Within delegated authority, the Human Rights Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Plans and coordinates activities related to thematic and country mandates on human rights, including from a gender perspective.
- Maintain an overview of political, security and humanitarian developments, monitors the situation for potential human rights implications, and feeds information back to the leadership for their action and/or attention, as necessary.
- Prepare talking points, meeting notes, notes to file, statements and draft a variety of reports on various thematic issues, human rights situation, and other routine reports special procedures etc.
- Conducts substantive research and analysis of human rights issues/events and assesses their impact on the human rights situation in assigned region or country.
- Collects and analyses human rights data and indicators in country/region of assignment, including gender-specific data and indicators.
- Provides support to sub-commissions, commissions and other bodies; follows-up on implementation of decisions rendered by policy-making bodies.
- Ensures human rights issues, including their gender equality dimensions considerations, are integrated into political, humanitarian and economic efforts and programme.
- Defines work plan for area assigned in accordance with established terms of reference.
- Assists country military and police to develop and implement a training program in the field of human rights, international humanitarian law, democracy and the rule of law, with attention to gender perspectives.
- Supervises field verification work through periodic visits; follows up on different cases and situations verified by the regional offices.
- Represents UN human rights programme at working level meetings.
- Directs capacity-building efforts on human rights in region/country of assignment.
- Writes a variety of reports, communications, briefings, statements, etc., including to policy-making bodies.
- May provide guidance to new/junior staff.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: HUMAN RIGHTS OFFICER
- Job Opening ID: 227098
- Job Network : Political, Peace and Humanitarian
- Job Family : Human Rights Affairs
- Category and Level : Professional and Higher Categories, P-3
- Duty Station : ADDIS ABABA
- Department/Office : Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights
- Date Posted : Feb 12, 2024
- Deadline : Mar 12, 2024
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in law, political science, international relations, social sciences or related area. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in human rights, political affairs, international relations, law or related area is required.
- Experience in human rights reporting is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the UN Secretariat. For the positions advertised, fluency in English (both oral and written) is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
How to Apply OHCHR Human Rights Officer Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/jobSearchDescription/227098?language=en
The Closing Date: 12th March, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Click To View
|Ethiopia NGO Forum Jobs 2024
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy
View More Jobs:
- UNICEF Warehouse Associate Jobs 2024
- Save the Children CP Officer Jobs 2024
- Save The Children TSFP Officer Jobs 2024
- Save the Children Knowledge and Data Management Specialist Jobs 2024
- Save the Children Finance Lead Jobs 2024
- Save the Children ECDE Teacher Education Play Specialist Jobs 2024
- Save the Children ECDE Creative Content Development Specialist Jobs 2024