UNECA Shipping Assistant Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNECA Ethiopia looking for “Shipping Assistant“. Applicants with a degree in High School Diploma may apply on or before 19th March 2023.
Established by the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations (UN) in 1958 as one of the UN’s five regional commissions, ECA’s mandate is to promote the economic and social development of its member States, foster intra-regional integration, and promote international cooperation for Africa’s development. Made up of 54 member States, and playing a dual role as a regional arm of the UN and as a key component of the African institutional landscape, ECA is well positioned to make unique contributions to address the Continent’s development challenges.
UNECA Shipping Assistant Jobs 2023
The UNECA has published a job vacancy announcement on 13th March 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Shipping Assistant to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA)|
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||High School Diploma|
|Experience Required||Minimum Five years|
|Application Deadline||19th March 2023|
UNECA Job Vacancy 2023
Under the direct supervision of the Shipping Unit Supervisor and the overall direction of the Chief of Section, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Handled all inbound shipments of official goods and staff members PE/HHG and vehicle.
- Processing all outbound shipments of official goods and staff members PE/HHG and vehicle.
- Maintain duty free privileges according with host country agreement between Ethiopia and United Nations and Staff rules
- Clear and delivery conference equipment and press equipment during for various meeting at UNECA
- Advise and provide explanation on any query raised by international staff members on the duty free privileges for the importation of HHG and vehicle.
- Solicit quotations for potential and recognize clearing Agent.
- Management of petty cash
- Assist international staff and local staff members on their PE/HHG at Government Office.
- Arrange note verbal and letter
- organizing and file all inbound and out bound official shipments and International Staff member,
- Drafts a variety of correspondence.
- Resolves issues/problems related to delivered goods, including discrepancies between purchase orders and items/quantities
- shipped or received; prepares and signs Return to Vendor forms for unacceptable and/or damaged goods received.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor and Chief of the Section.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: Shipping Assistant
- Department/Office: Economic Commission for Africa
- Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
- Posting Period: 13 March 2023 – 19 March 2023
- Job Opening Number: 23-Economic Commission for Africa-204089-Individual Contractor
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- High School Diploma.
- At least five years of progressively responsible experience in Customs clearing process.
How to Apply UNECA Shipping Assistant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=204089
The Closing Date: 19th March 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Ethiopia NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|
View More Jobs
- EngenderHealth Driver and Liaison Officer (DLO) Jobs 2023
- DCA Senior Procurement Officer Jobs 2023
- DCA Senior Finance Officer Jobs 2023
- DCA Peace Building and Social Cohesion Advisor Jobs 2023