UNICEF Communication Officer Jobs 2024 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
UNICEF Ethiopia looking for “Communication Officer”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before 07th March, 2024.
UNICEF is a Christian international relief and development agency working globally to end poverty and injuries and to restore hope in some of the world’s poorest communities. UNICEF have the vision to see 50 million people released from material and spiritual poverty through a worldwide network of 100,000 local churches. We operate in more than fifty countries around the world.
UNICEF Communication Officer Jobs 2024
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on 30th January, 2024 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Communication Officer to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
|Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
|Total Vacant Post
|Minimum Two (02) years
|07th March, 2024
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2024
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks:
- Implement the tasks in the country communication work plan and strategy as assigned.
- Gather content and coverage of relevant country efforts to identify effective relevant country programme activities and results. Develop complementary, country specific and local community materials and activities.
- Produce advocacy and communication materials (e.g. briefing notes, images, video. Web pages etc.) that meet the country and global standards as set out in the Communication Toolkit.
- Assist in drafting and editing articles, press releases, human interest stories and other advocacy/information materials for both web-based and traditional media, as appropriate.
- Follow up on the production of advocacy and communication materials (e.g., films, videos, audio-visuals, etc.), and oversee the qualitative aspects of production, (e.g., quality control, translations, reviews of layout and graphic design etc.) to meet standards as set out in the Communication Toolkit.
- Establish or maintain an up-to-date documentation centre for communication materials including publications, press releases and clippings, photographs, audio-visual materials, web resources etc.
- Recommend appropriate information and communication materials for use in media, and other advocacy and communication activities; recommend the appropriateness, quality and dissemination of printed and audio-visual materials.
- Recommend established contacts, networks, resources and processes to support communication activities.
- Maintain and update media relations contact list/database. Ensure rapid and accurate information dissemination to the media.
- Assist in developing and maintaining close collaboration with mass media, as well as with groups and organizations whose support is essential to the achievement of advocacy and communication objectives.
- Assist in drafting and editing articles, press releases, human interest stories and other advocacy/information materials in all media formats, as appropriate.
- Prepare background communication and promotional materials for briefing and visits of media and other special interest groups. Assist in the planning, logistic and administrative arrangements for them.
- Assist in collaborating with the media through activities such as organizing project site visits, facilitating photo coverage and TV footage and utilizing both web-based and traditional media as appropriate.
- Monitor and evaluate the use and effectiveness of media materials. Maintain a library of coverage (clippings, coverage etc.)
- Contribute to developing an advocacy and communication strategy by coordinating appropriate audience research and compiling and analysing relevant data.
- Monitor and evaluate the appropriate and timely dissemination of advocacy and communication materials to target audiences, and participate in the evaluation of their impact. Monitor and evaluate the use and effectiveness of media materials. Maintain a library of coverage (clippings, coverage etc.)
- Monitor the public perception of UNICEF in the country and recommend appropriate action to maintain a positive image for the organization.
- Assist in providing feedback to DOC on the use and appropriateness of global communication materials such as publications, images and multimedia products.
- Ensure good quality data collection, analysis and evaluation and reporting to ensure effective communication strategies, planning and effective and efficient advocacy.
- Undertake lessons learned review of successful and unsuccessful communication experiences as directed by supervisor.
Position in Organization:
- Communication Officer
- Job no: 569258
- Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
- Duty Station: Addis Ababa
- Level: NO-2
- Location: Ethiopia
- Categories: Communication
- Deadline: 07th March, 2024
- A first university degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field.
- A minimum of two years practical professional work experience in communication, print and broadcast media or interactive digital media. International and national work experience.
- Field work experience Background/familiarity with Emergency situations.
- Developing country work experience or field work experience.
How to Apply UNICEF Communication Officer Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/job/569258
The Closing Date: 07th March, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Click To View
|Ethiopia NGO Forum Jobs 2024
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy
View More Jobs:
- UNECA Intern – Macroeconomics and Governance Division Jobs 2024
- ILRI Administrative Clerk Jobs 2024
- UNOAU Gender Affairs Officer Jobs 2024
- SNV Project Finance Officer Jobs 2024
- WHO Health Financing and Economic Analyst Jobs 2024
- UNHCR Assistant Protection Officer Jobs 2024
- UNHCR Protection Assistant Jobs 2024