UNODC Associate Programme Officer Jobs 2024 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
UNODC Ethiopia looking for “Associate Programme Officer”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before 16th February, 2024.
For two decades, the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) has been helping make the world safer from drugs, organized crime, corruption and terrorism. We are committed to achieving health, security and justice for all by tackling these threats and promoting peace and sustainable well-being as deterrents to them.
UNODC Associate Programme Officer Jobs 2024
The UNODC has published a job vacancy announcement on 07th February, 2024 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Associate Programme Officer to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)
|Associate Programme Officer
|Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
|Total Vacant Post
|Minimum Two (02) years
|16th February, 2024
UNODC Job Vacancy 2024
Within assigned authority, the Associate Programme Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Cooperate and coordinate closely with the respective Officers at the Regional Office for Eastern Africa (RSAME) and the Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice Section (CPCJS) at UNODC headquarters in Vienna for the development and implementation of the Criminal Justice Programme within the framework of the National Plan of Action (2019-2021).
- Work with key clients to facilitate the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned programmes/projects; monitor and analyse specific aspects of programme/project development and implementation; review relevant documents and reports; identify problems and issues to be addressed and recommend corrective actions; liaise with relevant parties; identify and track follow-up actions.
- In close coordination with the Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice Officer heading the Criminal Justice Programme, provide substantive support to the implementation of the ‘Supporting Transformation, Peace and Security in the Horn of Africa’ project as well as crime prevention and criminal justice projects or anti-corruption programmes, as required.
- Provide substantive and technical support in the implementation of the Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice Programme for Eastern Africa with respect to the programming in Ethiopia.
- Contribute to the implementation of the programme by providing substantive and technical expertise and by supporting the identification of technical assistance needs for capacity building with a special focus on crime prevention and criminal justice.
- Provide substantive support to the identification of technical assistance needs for capacity building with a special focus on crime prevention and criminal justice.
- Assist in implementing the project/programme activities with a special focus on criminal justice in line with the project document, the annual project work plan, as well as UN financial rules and regulations.
- Work in close coordination with Government counterparts, donors and other stakeholders, drawing on best practices, including UN/UNODC manuals, handbooks, guides, and standards and norms.
- Provide substantive support, guidance and assistance in the design and development of technical assistance programmes and programme sub-components in anti-corruption at the national level and in accordance with UNODC’s overall strategy and as an integral element of the UNODC Programme against Corruption.
- Provide substantive assistance to policy coordination and evaluation functions, including the review and analysis of emerging issues and trends, participate in evaluations or research activities and studies.
- Assist in performing consulting assignments, in collaboration with the national counterparts, by planning and facilitating workshops, through other interactive sessions and by assisting in developing the action plan that the national counterpart will use to manage the change.
- Contribute to the preparation of various written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analytical notes, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.
- Provide administrative and substantive support to consultative and other meetings, conferences, to include proposing agenda topics, identifying and proposed participants, preparation of background documents and presentations, handling logistics, etc.
- Undertake outreach activities; participate in the development of training workshops, seminars; participate in and make presentations on assigned topics/activities.
- Participate in field missions, including provision of substantive and administrative support, data collection.
- Assist in the recruitment for the programme; draft Terms of Reference, prepare short-lists, prepare written and oral questions; assist in guiding programme personnel towards the achievement of the programme’s objectives.
- Coordinate activities related to budget funding (programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements, etc.) and preparation of related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget, etc.)
- Ensure that operations, finance management, procurements, logistics, liaison and communication activities assigned to the programme are conducted according to UNODC standards and procedures.
- Contribute to the collection and analysis of data and identification of trends or patterns and provide draft insights through graphs, charts, tables and reports using data visualization methods for data-driven planning, decision-making, presentation and reporting.
- Document requirements and background information used for data analysis.
- Perform other work-related duties as required.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: Associate Programme Officer
- Job Opening ID: 225456
- Job Network: Economic, Social and Development
- Job Family: Programme Management
- Category and Level: National Professional Officers, NO-B
- Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
- Department/Office: United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
- Date Posted: Jan 18, 2024
- Deadline: Feb 16, 2024
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in law, international development, business administration, programme/ project management, or other relevant discipline is required. A first-level university degree in similar fields in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of two years of progressively responsible professional experience, including relevant experience in managing programme/project activities in the area of criminal justice, crime and drug control and/or related fields, is required.
- Work experience in project management including design, management, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of development assistance projects is required.
- Work experience within the United Nations system or similar international organization is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position fluency in English, is required.
- Knowledge of another United Nations official language is an advantage.
How to Apply UNODC Associate Programme Officer Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/jobSearchDescription/225456?language=en
The Closing Date: 16th February, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Ethiopia NGO Forum Jobs 2024
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy