IUCN Regional Ocean Communications Officer Jobs 2024 – Kenya NGO Jobs.
IUCN Kenya looking for “Regional Ocean Communications Officer”.
Applicants with a Degree in Communication may apply on or before 14 February 2024.
The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) Eastern and Southern Africa Regional Office (ESARO) operates in 24 countries in the Horn of Africa, East Africa, Southern Africa and the Western Indian Ocean. The ESARO region is extremely rich in biodiversity with high number of endemic species and the largest remaining populations of iconic wildlife left on the continent. ESARO’s Programme focuses on biodiversity conservation through a diverse portfolio of projects and programmatic initiatives ranging from activities at the level of individual protected areas to shaping regional policy on biodiversity conservation. ESARO defines and delivers on its programmatic priorities in collaboration with IUCN members, Commissions, and other strategic partners.
IUCN Regional Ocean Communications Officer Jobs 2024
The IUCN has published a job vacancy announcement on 02 February 2024 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Regional Ocean Communications Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)
|Regional Ocean Communications Officer
|Total Vacant Post
|Degree in Communication
|At least seven years
|14 February 2024
IUCN Job Vacancy 2024
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development and implementation of the IUCN Great Blue Wall Communications and Outreach Strategy in collaboration with COR team members, regional communications lead, and thematic leads.
- Manage communications strategies, products, and creative campaigns, particularly for the IslandPlas project, across various island areas in Eastern and Western Africa.
- Oversee the creation and distribution of a wide array of communication materials, including advertisements, videos, brochures, press releases, slide decks, and letters.
- Develop and edit internal and external communication materials, such as blog posts, media materials, newsletters, op-eds, website content, and other related products.
- Ideate and support the design and promotion of interactive media pieces, including infographics, slideshows, charts, and videos.
- Enhance digital presence through web-based platforms, social media channels like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Develop and maintain key media contacts and coordinate media outreach, including pitching, handling requests, and monitoring news coverage.
- Plan and manage events like publication launches, round-table discussions, and meetings.
- A degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, or a related field combined with an experience in similar organization/s or programmatic setting;
- Computer literacy in relation to office applications (word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint) use of internet and online communication and knowledge management tools.
- We’re looking for an outstanding, hands-on, highly motivated, autonomous, innovative, solution oriented, results driven and resourceful individual with at least seven years of proven experience in communications, public relations, or journalism, ideally in an international, multicultural context or prior work in a global organization preferred.
- Strategic and innovative thinking with strong leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational, project management, and collaborative abilities.
- Creative problem-solving approach with a commitment to IUCN’s mission and values.
- Social media management and how to use it to impact diverse audiences.
- Working with reporters or members of the media and established media contacts.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply IUCN Regional Ocean Communications Officer Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 14 February 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2024
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy