UN Habitat SDG Localization Expert Jobs 2022 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UN Habitat Kenya looking for “SDG Localization Expert”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 18 December 2022.
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the United Nations programme for human settlements and sustainable urban development. It was established in 1978 as an outcome of the first United Nations Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat I) held in Vancouver, Canada, in 1976. UN-Habitat maintains its headquarters at the United Nations Office at Nairobi, Kenya. It is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. It is a member of the United Nations Development Group. The mandate of UN-Habitat derives from the Habitat Agenda, adopted by the United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat II) in Istanbul, Turkey, in 1996.
UN Habitat SDG Localization Expert Jobs 2022
The UN Habitat has published a job vacancy announcement on 05 December 2022 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of SDG Localization Expert to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN Habitat)|
|Position||SDG Localization Expert|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||A minimum of five (5) years|
|Application Deadline||18 December 2022|
UN Habitat Job Vacancy 2022
Duties and Responsibilities:
The consultant will carry out the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Data cleaning: The consultant will be responsible for cleaning the vector data to properly analyze the data generated by UN-Habitat while piloting the Global Urban Monitoring Framework.
- Generate map-based analysis: based on the cleaned data, the consultant will submit a series of analytical maps (tool: Spatial SWOT) to analyze the strengths and weaknesses of the territory, and the opportunities and threats faced in the territory.
Qualification & Experience:
- A first-level university degree in sustainable development, urban planning, data and statistics, urban or local governance, urban management, public administration or a related field is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in project/programme management, data analysis and research or related area is required. Experience working on the development and publication of city reports is highly desirable, as well as previous experience of working with the SDGs at the local level. Knowledge of the local context of the city of Mwanza or experience with the City Council is desirable.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Languages: Fluency in oral and written English and Swahili is required.
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UN Habitat SDG Localization Expert Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 18 December 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|