UNOPS Regional Gender GDI – GESI Specialist Jobs 2024 – Kenya NGO Jobs.
UNOPS Kenya looking for “Regional Gender GDI – GESI Specialist”.
Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 15 February 2024.
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is an operational arm of the United Nations, dedicated to implementing projects for the United Nations System, international financial institutions, governments and other partners around the world. The organization’s global headquarters is located on the UN City campus in Copenhagen, Denmark.
UNOPS Regional Gender GDI – GESI Specialist Jobs 2024
The UNOPS has published a job vacancy announcement on 06 February 2024 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Regional Gender GDI – GESI Specialist to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
|Regional Gender GDI – GESI Specialist
|Total Vacant Post
|Minimum of 5 years
|15 February 2024
UNOPS Job Vacancy 2024
Reporting to the Regional Management and Oversight Advisor, and working closely with the AFR Management Team, Country project teams and Human Resource coordinators, the GDSI Specialist will carry out the following tasks:
- Provide technical expertise in several GDI – GESI focus areas, including disability inclusion, LGBTQI+ inclusion, antiracism, and enabling environments
- Map current GDI – GESI mainstreaming initiatives in projects, identify strategic gaps, and make recommendations
- Advise AFR business units, including field offices, in the creation of the their GDI – GESI strategy and plans, emphasizing the adoption of an intersectional approach
- Assess the quality of GDI – GESI mainstreaming in projects and advise project managers on how to present business cases to donors who are reluctant to allocate funding for GDI – GESI activities in projects
- Establish a monitoring and oversight mechanism for GDI – GESI mainstreaming across AFR’s business units
- Coordinate the creation and distribution of tools to enhance communication, advocacy, and knowledge management around GDI – GESI
- Advanced University Degree (master degree or equivalent) in human resources management, gender and women studies, business or public administration, law, education or related field with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience OR
- First level University degree (bachelor degree or equivalent) with a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience is required.
- Relevant experience is defined as experience in implementing initiatives on gender sensitive programming, gender equity and social inclusion, or gender mainstreaming, in a programmatic setting is required
- Out of the total 5 yrs of experience, a minimum of 2 yrs of experience required in gender equality and social inclusion
- Experience in gender mainstreaming in a programmatic setting is desired
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNOPS Regional Gender GDI – GESI Specialist Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 15 February 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2024
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy