WorldFish Post-Doctoral Fellow Jobs 2023 – Nigeria NGO Jobs.
WorldFish Nigeria looking for “Post-Doctoral Fellow”.
Applicants with a PhD in aquaculture may apply on or before 24 November 2023.
WorldFish is an international, non-for-profit research organization that works to reduce hunger, malnutrition and poverty by improving fisheries and aquaculture. With a 45-years track record of leading-edge science, WorldFish generates research evidence and innovations to inform sustainable practices and inclusive policies that enable better livelihoods and healthier diets for millions of poor people, particularly women, who depend on fish for food, nutrition and income. WorldFish is a member of CGIAR, the world’s largest global partnership on agriculture research and innovation for a food secure future. Headquartered in Penang, Malaysia and with regional offices across Africa, Asia and the Pacific, WorldFish leads the cross-disciplinary CGIAR Research Program (CRP) on Fish Agri-Food Systems (FISH).
WorldFish Post-Doctoral Fellow Jobs 2023
The WorldFish has published a job vacancy announcement on 02 November 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Post-Doctoral Fellow to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
|Total Vacant Post
|PhD in aquaculture
|24 November 2023
WorldFish Job Vacancy 2023
Job Purpose: WorldFish is seeking a Post-Doctoral Fellow or Scientist Specialist in integrated multi-trophic aquaculture to be based in Ibadan, Nigeria. This position will be responsible to support the achievement of the work package 2 [Integrated Multitrophic Aquaculture (IMTA): seawater Farming of Finfish-Bivalves-Seaweed] in Nigeria.
The successful candidate will be responsible to:
- Take primary responsibility for research implementation, data collection, data validation, quality assurance and analysis to achieve the research deliverables of work package 2 of the BlueTech Superhighway project in Nigeria.
- Support the design and implementation of research and developments activities in Africa, Asia, and the Pacific
- Work collaboratively with the work package lead, the Project Leader, and other senior experts. This includes engaging with WorldFish and partner scientists across other geographies to learn from, and contribute to, a growing body of work on IMTA.
- Mentor BSc/MSc and PhD students and interns from national and international universities and organization based in Nigeria.
Qualification & Experience:
- PhD in aquaculture, aquaculture production systems, sustainable aquaculture or related fields.
- A candidate with at least 2 years of highly relevant research experience will be considered for a scientist position where study experience is also highly relevant to the requirements of this position.
- Proven ability to develop and apply research on aquaculture production systems and sustainable aquaculture.
- Research on marine aquaculture ecosystems and integrated multi-trophic aquaculture will be highly valued.
- Proven competency with research design and statistical analysis.
- High degree of cultural sensitivity and proven record of effective working relationships in multi-disciplinary, diverse teams.
- Excellent proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WorldFish Post-Doctoral Fellow Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 24 November 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Click Here to View
|Nigeria NGO Forum Jobs 2023
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy