UNMISS Auto Electrician Jobs 2023 – South Sudan NGO Jobs.
UNMISS South Sudan looking for “Auto Electrician”.
Applicants with a Vocational diploma may apply on or before 04th October 2023.
The United Nations Mission in South Sudan is a United Nations peacekeeping mission for the recently independent South Sudan, which became independent on 9 July 2011. UNMISS was established on 8 July 2011 by United Nations Security Council Resolution 1996.
UNMISS Auto Electrician Jobs 2023
The UNMISS has published a job vacancy announcement on 21st September 2023 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of Auto Electrician to be based in Juba, South Sudan.
|Recruiter||United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS)|
|Position||Auto Electrician (CARLOG)|
|Location||Juba, South Sudan|
|Total Vacant Post||01|
|Experience Required||Minimum 05 years|
|Application Deadline||04th October 2023|
The UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Diagnosing and repairing electronic components in a variety of vehicles including the battery power system, ignition system, electronic fuel injection, CAN-Bus multiplexing system, anti-lock braking system (ABS), actuator and sensor-controlled fixtures and general wiring, function of ECU’s for power windows, electric mirrors and power seats and electronically controlled vehicle air conditioning.
- Install alarm systems, immobilizers and tracking devices.
- Trouble shooting of electrical repair of starting and charging systems.
- Inspecting the electronic, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrohydraulic systems, diagnosing malfunctions, making repairs using knowledge of OEM electronic testers, digital multimeters, OBD 2 tester and oscilloscopes, using manufacturer online connection to update on board systems e.g., for Iveco, Ford, Renault trucks.
- Performs soldering, splicing wires, running electrical cables, drilling holes, uninstalling, and reinstalling interiors, and building enclosures.
- Replacing parts, wires, repairing door and ignition locks, fitting, and programming new electronic components (ECU, ECM, Fuel injectors) accordingly.
- Checking and testing vehicle trailer sockets and wiring with portable instruments.
- Investigating and diagnose electronic faults and circuits with wire diagrams and manufacturers specification manuals.
- Filing test records, testing systems to ensure everything works properly and safely including road testing the vehicle.
- Assist in damage assessments and providing cost estimates.
- Maintaining a clean and organized workspace observing occupational safety and health rules and regulations at all times.
- Works outdoors and assist at work – or road site breakdowns,
- Performs duty mechanic shifts as per Transport workshop duty roster,
- May perform other related duties as directed by the supervisor.
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are required to:
- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day).
- Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country.
- Reflect on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection activities.
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.
- Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly arrived UN Volunteers.
- Promote capacity development activities and transfer of skills to national personnel during the assignment.
Required education level:
- Technical/vocational diploma in Auto Electrician.
- 5 years of experience in in auto-electrical repairs and vehicle tracking system is required.
- Diploma in Auto electrical is required
- Computer skills: Solid computer skills, including full proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word etc.) and other IT applications and office technology equipment is required.
- Technical knowledge: Proven automotive electrical knowledge for all types of light vehicles such as Nissan Patrols, Ford, Land cruiser and heavy equipment such as Material Handling Equipment (MHE), and all types and make of Caterpillar machines and armored vehicles; Advanced knowledge of modern vehicular electrical systems.
- Ability to read electrical and electronic schemat-ics and circuit diagrams. Ability to operate electrical diagnostic equipment.
- Good electronic data analytical skills. Should be knowledgeable about electronic data transfer systems. Specialization in vehicle tracking systems is an added advantage.
- English, Level: Fluent, Required
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNMISS Auto Electrician Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://app.unv.org/opportunities/1735812057067776
The Closing Date: 04th October 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|
View More Jobs
- IntraHealth International PHCC Cordination Officer Jobs 2023
- UNICEF Information Management Officer Jobs 2023
- Welthungerhilfe Area Manager Jobs 2023
- Save the Children MEAL Assistant Jobs 2023
- IOM Disaster Risk Management Jobs 2023
- WHO National Information Management Officer Jobs 2023
- UNICEF Roster for National Internship Jobs 2023