UNHCR Asst Education Officer Jobs 2022 – Uganda NGO Jobs. UNHCR Uganda looking for “Asst Education Officer“. Applicants with a degree in Undergraduate degree may apply on or before August 10, 2022.
The office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband.
UNHCR Asst Education Officer Jobs 2022
The UNHCR has published a job vacancy announcement on July 29, 2022 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Asst Education Officer to be based in Arua, Uganda.
|Recruiter||United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)|
|Position||Asst Education Officer|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum One years|
|Application Deadline||August 10, 2022|
UNHCR Job Vacancy 2022
- – Translate global education objectives and strategic directions into regional or national guidance, strategies and priorities, in collaboration with the supervisor and the Education Section in HQ, to ensure coherence with UNHCR’s education policy and strategy.
- – Engage, promote and foster partnerships/collaboration with national education stakeholders and bodies in line with GCR.
- – Provide technical advice and support on all issues related to UNHCR education programmes and strategic directions, in line with UNHCR education policy and regional priorities, including through remote support and field missions.
- – Support and provide technical advice to senior management and Policy and Development staff allowing for advocacy activities with States and international organisations on all issues related to UNHCR education programmes and strategic directions, including supporting national planning processes, such as the development of SDG4 plans at national levels and ensuring inclusion of refugee, returnee, asylum seeking, internally displaced and stateless children and youth in SDG4 plans and Education Sector Analyses and Plans.
- – Participate in national humanitarian and development sector working groups to support that all refugee education support programming at country level is extended, amplified and reported against sector development goals and humanitarian partners and funding serves system strengthening.
- – Assist the Country Office(s) to elaborate and implement strategies to address issues related to education access, quality and data, in cooperation with other UN agencies (UNICEF, UNESCO, WFP, etc.) and other key education stakeholders.
- – Undertake direct dialogue at the national level on the implementation of education programmes in line with strategic directions, integrated with SDG4 and Education Sector Plans, including with Ministries of Education/Higher Education, education partners and coordination networks (Global Partnership for Education, Education Cannot Wait (ECW) and Local Education Groups, etc.).
- – Foster inter-sectoral linkages and coordination with child protection, GBV, gender, community services, livelihoods/economic inclusion and health, among others, and provide specialist advice for other sectors, to ensure that they fully integrate education related concerns in their planning.
- – Assist the supervisor in monitoring the implementation of education programmes and provide guidance on orientation.
- – Support the supervisor in monitoring the implementation of Global Refugee Forum pledges within the AoR.
- – Assist in the planning and coordination of UNHCR’s role concerning education, represent UNHCR at national consultations, and represent UNHCR’s education strategy and policy to other UN bodies, NGOs, interlocutors, institutions and organisations.
- – Train UNHCR staff, sister UN agency staff, NGOs, and Ministry of Education officials on refugee education priorities and identified topics.
- – Assist with the development and dissemination of relevant tools to support UNHCR staff and partners within the AoR.
- – Support active exchange of information and that best practices are identified, documented and disseminated both within the AoR and beyond.
- – Join joint assessment missions in emergencies to minimise the time refugee children and youth spend out of education (ideally a maximum of three months after arrival).
- – Prepare and draft education input in key internal and external documents and reports.
- – Perform other related duties as required.
Position in Organization:
- Job Title: Asst Education Officer
- Job ID: 39013
- Location: Arua, Uganda
- Salary Grade: NA
- Hardship Level: C
- Family Location Type: Family
- 1 year relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or no experience with Graduate degree; or no experience with Doctorate degree.
- – Strong inter-personal skills in collaboration and coordination.
- – Excellent analytical skills and drafting skills.
- – Strong communications/presentations skills.
- – Demonstrated capacity to work with minimum supervision.
- – Experience with educational research, teaching or education administration.
- – Field experience in education programme implementation and coordination in humanitarian and/or development contexts.
- – Experience working with Governments, Ministry of Education and other line Ministries.
- – Demonstrated work experience in refugee education programmes.
- – Knowledge and experience of UNHCR policies and standards.
- – Experience in the area of child protection.
- – Demonstrated work experience in education programmes.
How to Apply UNHCR Asst Education Officer Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: August 10, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Uganda NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|