UNHCR Associate Community-Based Protection Officer Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. UNHCR Uganda looking for “Associate Community-Based Protection Officer“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before April 20, 2023.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is a UN agency mandated to aid and protect refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people, and to assist in their voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement to a third country.
UNHCR Associate Community-Based Protection Officer Jobs 2023
The UNHCR has published a job vacancy announcement on April 01, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Associate Community-Based Protection Officer to be based in Kyaka, Kyegegwa, Uganda.
|Recruiter||United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)|
|Position||Associate Community-Based Protection Officer|
|Location||Kyaka, Kyegegwa, Uganda|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Five years|
|Application Deadline||April 20, 2023|
UNHCR Job Vacancy 2023
- – Be fully informed about community structures and the protection and security situation of the population of concern and develop strong links with a cross-section of members of refugee/IDP/stateless communities, using an AGD approach.
- – Through relationships with PoC and network of partners stay abreast of political, social, economic and cultural developments that have an impact on the protection environment and provide advice to senior management.
- – Ensure that the perspectives, capacities, needs and resources of the PoC are reflected in the protection strategy, planning processes and operations plan addressing the specific protection needs of women and men, children, youth and older persons, persons with disabilities, minority groups such as sexual minorities and persons living with HIV/AIDS.
- – Ensure through direct action and advocacy with more senior protection staff that the necessary resources are allocated to enable community work to identify and address protection and assistance gaps.
- – Support a consultative process with government counterparts at local levels, partners and PoC to develop and implement integrated strategies that address the key protection priorities, including, for example, child protection, education and GBV, and solutions approaches.
- – Provide technical guidance and support to UNHCR and partners and implement and oversee Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) on all community-based protection related issues.
- – Support the design, implementation and evaluation of protection centred and solutions oriented programming with implementing and operational partners guaranteeing that community-owned activities are integrated.
- – Support communities in establishing representation and coordination structures
- – Promote confidence building and conflict resolution among PoC, authorities and host communities.
- – Maintain protection presence through regular field missions and reports, making direct contact with PoC, host communities, local authorities and partners. In operations applying the humanitarian cluster system, contribute to the development of an AGD-compliant strategy on which the response of the Protection Cluster is grounded in and covers all assessed and prioritized protection needs of the affected populations.
- – Support the Operation’s work to fully integrate the protection strategy into the Country Operations Plan, the UN Development and Assistance Framework (UNDAF), the Humanitarian Country Team’s common humanitarian action plan where applicable.
- – Contribute to the Protection team’s information management component which: provides disaggregated data on PoC and their problems; researches, collects and disseminates relevant protection information and good practices to enhance protection delivery and provide technical advice if necessary.
- – Support the inclusion of participatory, community-based protection and AGD approaches in strategies and plans within the Area of Responsibility (AoR).
- – Support community understanding of UNHCR’s commitment to deliver on accountability and quality assurance in its response.
- – Support PoC to develop structures that enhance their participation and protection.
- – Contribute to the design of the community-based protection strategy, project submissions and budgets for endorsement by the supervisor.
- – Intervene with authorities on community-based protection issues.
- – Negotiate with local counterparts, partners and PoC.
- – Perform other related duties as required.
Position in Organization:
- Full time
- Posted Yesterday
- job requisition id: JR2315729
- 6 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 5 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 4 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree
- DM-Database Management
- IT-Computer Literacy
- PR-Coordination in Forced Displacement situations
- PR-Convention on the Rights of the Child / International Legal Framework
- PR-Gender Equality
- PR-Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD)
- CO-Drafting and Documentation
- ED-Technical support to education programmes and proposals
- PR-Gender Based Violence (GBV) prevention programming
- PR-Gender Based Violence (GBV) response programming
- (Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
How to Apply UNHCR Associate Community-Based Protection Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://unhcr.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Assc-Community-Based-Prot-Off_JR2315729?locationCountry=db69e6f2446c11de98360015c5e6daf6
The Closing Date: April 20, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Uganda NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|
View More Jobs
- UNHCR Field Officer Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Head of Field Office Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Protection Officer Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Driver Jobs 2023
- UNODC Public Information Assistant Jobs 2023
- UNODC Programme Officer Jobs 2023
- UNODC Programme Assistant Jobs 2023
- IRC Medical Officer Jobs 2023