Water Mission Wash Technician Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
Water Mission Uganda looking for “Wash Technician”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before September 22, 2023.
Water Mission is a nonprofit Christian engineering organization that designs, builds, and implements safe water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) solutions for people in developing countries and disaster areas. Guided by love, excellence, and integrity, we are driven to share clean, safe water and God’s love with all. To date, we have served more than 7 million people in 57 countries.
Water Mission Wash Technician Jobs 2023
The Water Mission has published a job vacancy announcement on September 02, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Wash Technician to be based in Yumbe, Uganda.
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Four years|
|Application Deadline||September 22, 2023|
Water Mission Job Vacancy 2023
Key duties and responsibilities
- Implementing technical aspects of projects according to WMI standards.
- Conduct field inspections and site assessments as needed under the direction of the WASH Engineer.
- Installation of water system components that include the following main components: pumps, motors, inverters, chlorinators, and solar panels.
- Timely and effective response to water system break downs to ensure the constant supply of water to the communities served.
- Checking on the stock levels of fittings and all water supply materials to ensure proper records and timely procurement.
- Ensuring the safety and cleanliness of pump stations and reservoir premises on a routine basis.
- Coordinating with the water system operators to ensure the proper and timely supply of water to the communities.
- Engaging with the local leaders to ensure that tap stands and handpumps as well handled and maintained by the communities.
- Represent the organization during WASH coordination meeting with the different stakeholders.
- Training local water system operators on the safe and proper operation and maintenance of the water system components.
- Keeping an update of the water systems component properties as well as any other information for proper documentation.
- Project reporting, including taking photographs and recording testimonials.
- Distributing chlorine to systems for water treatment and water quality testing.
- Regular monitoring of the water systems functionality.
- Ensure that fuel is supplied to the system generators on time and the fuel reports compiled and shared with the WASH Engineer.
- Undertake any other duties that may be assigned, support the work in other areas of intervention as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
Position in Organization:
- Location: Yumbe, Uganda
- Department: PG Uganda
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Minimum Experience: Experienced
- National Diploma in Water Engineering or Higher National Diploma in Civil Engineering with Previous Experience implementing water supply works in Humanitarian settings.
- 4+ years’ Experience in implementation of water supply works in humanitarian settings with INGOs.
- Should be willing to reside in West Nile.
- Holder of a valid Uganda Driver’s License.
Skills & Abilities
- Proficiency in office computer applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to clearly articulate ideas and feedback constructively.
- Self-starter who problem solves and knows when and how to ask for assistance and counsel.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good photography and documentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a high level of integrity.
- Ability to make field travels to remote locations within Uganda.
- Legal authorization to work in Uganda.
Relationship and Alignment:
- Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Alignment with Water Mission’s Statement of Faith and core values of Love, Excellence, and Integrity.
- Commitment to ending the global water crisis.
How to Apply Water Mission Wash Technician Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://watermission.bamboohr.com/careers/273
The Closing Date: September 22, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Uganda NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|