UNFPA South Africa looking for “Communication Specialist”.
Applicants with a Advanced University degree may apply on or before 25th January 2024.
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), formerly the United Nations Fund for Population Activities, is a UN agency aimed at improving reproductive and maternal health worldwide. Its work includes developing national healthcare strategies and protocols, increasing access to birth control, and leading campaigns against child marriage, gender-based violence, obstetric fistula, and female genital mutilation.
UNFPA Communication Specialist Jobs 2024
The UNFPA has published a job vacancy announcement on 23rd January 2024 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Communication Specialist to be based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
|United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
|Johannesburg, South Africa
|Total Vacant Post
|Advanced University degree
|Minimum 05 years
|25th January 2024
UNFPA Job Vacancy 2024
Job Purpose: The Communication Specialist will have overall responsibility for planning, managing, implementing, monitoring, evaluating, and reporting on all internal and external communications activities. This includes advocacy, knowledge management, and information dissemination related to SRHR, HIV, and gender-based violence. The role will be executed in partnership with relevant regional advisors from UNFPA, the four participating UN agencies, and regional partners working on SRHR.
- Advanced University degree in Communications, multimedia, digital media, communications, journalism, marketing, health education/promotion, public health, social sciences, or other field directly related to the substantive areas of this position is desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in communication and/or multimedia or similar work experience with government, UN, or NGOs on issues related to SRHR, health education, adolescent health, or related areas;
- Demonstrated experience in communications, marketing, website management and strategy and social media;
- Strong advocacy and networking skills with the ability to liaise with and engage government, UN agencies, CSOs, media, and other stakeholders in a professional and friendly manner;
- Strong communication skills and proven experience with the use of social media and other channels for effective advocacy, knowledge sharing, and campaigning
- Experience in the use of ICTs to support networking across countries.
- Fluency in English is required; knowledge of other official UN languages, preferably French, is desirable.
- Level: P-3
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointment
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNFPA Communication Specialist Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://www.unfpa.org/jobs………
The Closing Date: 25th January 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|South Africa NGO Forum Jobs 2024
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy