WHO South Africa looking for “Medical Officer”.
Applicants with a Medical degree may apply on or before 12th January 2024.
The World Health Organization (WHO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health. The WHO Constitution states its main objective as “the attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health”. Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, it has six regional offices and 150 field offices worldwide.
WHO Medical Officer Jobs 2024
The WHO has published a job vacancy announcement on 21st December 2023 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Medical Officer to be based in Pretoria, South Africa.
|World Health Organization (WHO)
|Pretoria, South Africa
|Total Vacant Post
|Minimum 07 years
|12th January 2024
WHO Job Vacancy 2024
Purpose of the Position: Within the context of the UHC/CND Cluster, the purpose of the position is to provide technical leadership to the work of the Multicountry Assignment Teams (MCATs) in the identified locations in the guidance and support to Member States of an AFRO sub-region in the prevention and control of NCDs and mental disorders through strengthened and resilient health systems to deliver integrated, NCD services in health and related social sectors, at all levels; multisectoral action across the life course and continuum of care; the development and implementation of cross-cutting Guidelines, medicines and technology, strengthened surveillance; and the mobilizing of domestic and external resources for integrated NCDs and Mental disorders management and psychosocial support.
- Medical degree with post-graduate degree in public health or specialization in one of the four major NCDs from an accredited/recognized institute
- Advanced university degree (Masters level or above) in a health-related field
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in developing, managing, and/or providing medical advisory services for the prevention and management of one or more major NCDs through policy guidance and capacity building in programmes, at the international and national level.
- Experience in capacity building, developing, and promoting collaborative partnerships.
- Relevant work experience in International Organizations, UN agencies, non-governmental or humanitarian organizations.
- Field experience in developing countries.
Use of Language Skills
- Expert knowledge of English or French with good working knowledge of the other.
- The above language requirements are interchangeable.
- Intermediate knowledge of Portuguese.
- Grade: P4
- Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
- Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): Two (2) years
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WHO Medical Officer Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.who.int/careersection………
The Closing Date: 12th January 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|South Africa NGO Forum Jobs 2024
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy