WHO South Africa looking for “NPO – Hiv/Aids”.
Applicants with a Medical degree may apply on or before 13th February 2024.
The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health. The WHO Constitution, which establishes the agency’s governing structure and principles, states its main objective as “the attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health”.
WHO NPO – Hiv/Aids Jobs 2024
The WHO has published a job vacancy announcement on 23rd January 2024 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of NPO – Hiv/Aids to be based in Pretoria, South Africa.
|World Health Organization (WHO)
|NPO – Hiv/Aids
|Pretoria, South Africa
|Total Vacant Post
|Minimum 05 years
|13th February 2024
WHO Job Vacancy 2024
Objectives Of the Programmel: Despite significant progress in the implementation of control and intervention programmes over the years, South Africa account for 20% of new HIV infection and 20% of people living with HIV globally making it the largest HIV programme in the world. The recent estimates from the Thembisa model indicates that about 7.8 million were living with HIV in South Africa in 2022 which is equivalent to 13.2% of the general population. The Country has asignificant HIV and TB co-infection. For many years, efforts to tackle HIV have been largely independent of each other, despite their overlapping epidemiology. The risk of progression from latent to active TB is increased by infection with HIV. Even though South Africa’s 95-95-95 target was at 95-77-92 in May 2023 progress has not been consistent across all provinces and districts with only six districts achieving the 95-95-95 target. Despite being vaccine-preventable, hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection remains the seventh leading cause of mortality in the world. In South Africa (SA), over 1.9 million people are chronically infected with HBV. In addition, the high prevalence of HIV infection amplifies HBV replication, predisposes patients to chronicity, and complicates management of the infection. The South Africa’s hepatitis clinical guidelines and action plans were approved by the National Health Council in 2018. The guidance includes the introduction of new direct acting antivirus for HCV (Hepatitis C virus) and the adoption of Hepatitis B birth dose for newborns.
- Essential: Medical degree
- Desirable: Post graduate training in public health, epidemiology or other relevant and related health field
- Essential: At least five years’ working in public health on HIV, STIs and Hepatitis care and treatment programme and public health interventions
- Desirable: At least five years working with the Department of health, a reputable public health institution or a UN agency
- Demonstrated innovative, analytical and problem- solving skills; statistical, monitoring and evaluation skills; ability to lead policy level dialogue, advocacy and partnerships on HIV-AIDS and the risk factors. Broad knowledge and understanding of HIV continuum of care, including country HIV response, monitoring, and/or evaluation required. Good communication skills. Ability to harness partnerships and interact with health professionals at various levels. Demonstration of good writing skills and leadership qualities Ability to establish effective networks and working relationships with people of different nationalities and cultural background. Computer skills – Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and data analysis, browsing and information searching on the internet
- Grade: NO-C
- Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
- Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 2 YRS
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WHO NPO – Hiv/Aids Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://estm.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI………
The Closing Date: 13th February 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|South Africa NGO Forum Jobs 2024
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy